The problem is, every time I go to Costcutters, I see a packet of instant noodles costing 38p which is about RM2.50. For a bloody measly packet of Nissin Instant noodles! A packet as in 1 packet not the pack of 5 we get at home. It is not even Indo Mee or my fave Mee Pok. I know I should not convert but I can’t help it when it comes to instant noodles. I just can’t help it. They are over charging. Don’t eat over charged instant noodles people!!
Anyway, so I decided to make my own noodles. I had a look at Jin’s recipe book and found that it is not that hard to make Udon. 2 cups of flour, ¾ cups of water and a pinch of salt. Knead into dough. Leave for 2 hours and cover with damp cloth. After 2 hours, roll them flat and fold into 3 parts. Cut into strips and voila.

It wasn't fantastic but good enough to keep PJ happy. PJ is full and satisfied. A hearty breakfast to start of the day! Gonna hop off to work now. Ciao.
12 comments:
oh.. meee....... my aunt had a record of eating mee for 6 days at one go..haha..
reli...hehe...when i was home alone in secondary school i used to have them for breakfast all the time..
AHA! look who's talking now! n u tell me not to convert the prices? tut tut...
making ur own noodles? u never fail to amaze me with ur culinary escapades :)
i feel lazy to even cook a packet of instant noodles...hah guys.
wah..make ur own noodles..
wish i had the skills to make something delicious.. :(
most importantly,.good luck with ur final paper. honestly...u'll feel so damn GOOD after u receive ur scroll! good luck PJ..
and i'm gonna miss u since ur not returnin soon after..
stella, its just instant noodles that i can't help it. i stop converting for other stuffs except instant noodles.. hehe..
derek, its reli easy.. nothing extraordinary or fantastic..
celina, thanks yo.. i will be home in July.. a few more months only leh.. me bloody excited..
wahh Pei Jie, you are so healthy!! I eat ramen or mee goreng like crazy here!! But I have to admit they are really expensive. We have mee goreng pedas Maggi brand here and they cost $0.35 too! Other udon or ramen are even more ridiculous, some goes up to 50cents! But, of course the trick is to NOT CONVERT to RM when you want to eat, spoils your appetite! I used to do that all the time the first semester here. Now, I just eat eat and eat here. Makes me so much happier!! Anyhow, neng chi shi fu! Can become prosperous (in other words gleefully growing horizontally)
Btw, Pei Jie, why do you need spam control? You ada banyak spam for your bloggie ka?
i wanna eat Mee Goreng!
ya here also got some more expensive ones. ya shud not convert but i can't help it when it comes to instant noodles.
not much of a health freak. always i will eat the junk and think.. aiya only live once and have to die anyway.. might as well..
ya got quite a lot of spam. so i put the word verification thingy..
wow Pei Jie, when u're back in muar..must go to your hosue everyday..heh then u can show me some of your 'chef Lee skills'
my skills are cacat one.. good enuf to make myself happy only.. 'sia sueh' if let you guys eat such crap stuffs.. better we go out and eat lah..
never mind.. we migth come out with a new recipe and sell it 'world wide'..haha
wahhhh...i like dat idea!!! heheh..
Post a Comment