Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Mi-ah

That’s what I call my mum at home. Whenever I need something I would call mi-ahhhh…whenever I am down and need someone to talk to I would call mi-ah…
I know Mother’s Day is over and all that but its never too late.

She called on Sunday.
Mi : Hey its Mother’s Day today.
PJ: Oh ya, I sent you a card…
Mi : No you didn’t..
PJ : ooops that was last year or is it the year before last…

In the end I gave the lame excuse that I am confused by the different mother’s day dates for UK and Malaysia. I have been getting really bad at all these occasions. Be it birthdays or supposedly special days like this. So please forgive me if I ever forget your birthdays. You know how dementia is starting to affect PJ as age is catching up…

Ok back to my mi. She is ‘garang’ (fierce) and loves to ‘mah lang’ (scold people ie me, bro and dad.). But of course she has her reasons for that. I miss seeing her getting mad at me. She is superwoman. She does all the household chores in the speed of lightning. When she asks me to do something I can only say ‘OK I will do it later’ one time and when I finally get my arsed away from the couch/TV/book, whatever needs doing is already done. I can never keep up with her nano-speed. She is full of cranky rubbish just like me. She is very particular about cleanliness and I think I mention before the floor at home shines like diamond because of her constant mopping and more mopping. But despite all these ‘garangness’ and crankiness, she is one of the kindest person ever. There is so much love in her. Her love keeps me going everyday.

To my mi - just want to let you know I really ‘sayang’ (love) you even though I rarely say it out and I always ask you to shut up when you say that you love me on the phone. I know how much you ‘sayang’ me and I thank God for you.

For the difficult pregnancy you have to go through to bring me to this world. For staying up to care for me when I was a sickly child. For having to ‘rotan’ (cane) me when I was a naughty girl. (I know it must have been painful to do it.) For having to constantly worry that I will fail my exams in school. (I was a slow coach and quite stupid when I was younger. Still am.) For making sure I have a good breakfast before going to school. (Milo with half boiled fresh kampong(village) eggs dip with bread.) For bringing back books from the library for me to read. For making cute little clothes for my dolls. For keeping all my drawings and art works since I was a wee girl. For being patient with me when I was a rebel teen. For never giving up on me even though I was always difficult. For putting up with my crankiness. For understanding and for listening. For crying with me through heartbreaks. For believing in me. For praying for me. For showing me what it means to love with all your heart. For these and everything else, I am grateful to have you as my mi.

4 comments:

Charlene said...

Mummy wan sui!!!!

PJ said...

hehe.. ya lah... i read your post about what you did with your mum.. and i feel so bad.. cos i haven't celebrated mother's day with my mum for so long.. n i dun even remember to send card anymore...

Charlene said...

don't worry.. ur mum will understand since u're far away in UK and busy with exams... i nearly forgot about it too.. myabe some1 should invent a special mother/father's day reminder... should be good for us..

as for ur case, hmm maybe an autocard sender...

PJ said...

ya those pop up things to remind me of special occasions instead of those porn pop ups that is reli gettin on my nerves..