Sunday, May 14, 2006

Magic Pot

Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to present to you my little magic pot. It will be 3 years old soon. My aunt bought it for me before I came here in my first year. I still remember going hunting for it in town with her. Oh and the flirtatious shop keeper who the pot had to stay with before I rescued it. I was only a shy and young girl back then. I remember going red in the face when the flirt asked me if I had a boyfriend.


This little pot has been faithful to me for so long and it has met so many fellow rice cookers. Some have died or are cranky but my little magic pot is still going strong. Its one hardy fella. Don’t underestimate its power. It can do almost anything – instant noodles, normal rice, tomato rice, coconut rice, soups, steam fish, steam eggs, bean rice, beriani rice, chicken rice, steamboat, noodles, pasta, congee, porridge, yam rice, pumpkin rice… My pot can do anything....Can’t imagine life without my little magic pot. Here it is again with the friend from Thailand.



I hate studying during the weekends. But have to since exams are starting next week. Things that keep me going on a Saturday afternoon. 1. Loads and loads of Chinese Tea that I nick from my dad last summer. Have quit Penguin. (Actually I have run out of Penguins and couldn’t be arsed to go buy.) 2. A phone call from home. I always feel motivated to study after hearing my parents’ voice. Their excitement about little, little things. My dad is like a kid sometimes. Plus laughing at their gossips of happenings at home which perks me up. My mum was telling me how everyone is asking her how she could bear having me away from home and all that. It is so dangerous for little PJ (I will always be everyone’s little PJ at home) they would say with sincere concern. My mummy will tell them that ‘PJ has grown up to be really independent and can take care of herself now, I worry but she knows what is best for her now and she should do whatever she wants as long as she is happy.’

Awwww…makes me wish I could take the next flight home and give her a big warm hug. And to my dad too who just spend an hour at the travel agent trying to find the best flight deal for me. Sweet…

4 comments:

Deriku said...

wow your magic pot is geng! some more malaysian brand....malaysia boleh haha.

PJ said...

hahaha...ya its awesome...Malaysia Sure Boleh!

Stella said...

Genie, Genie, You almighty, You the King Residing in the Magic Pot,Grant me One wish, I wish for Bubur Chacha!!!

PJ said...

Your wish is granted Princess Stella...your highness can redeeem your bubur chacha when your highness is back from Canada...

dun stop fighting k!!!! never say die!!! fight till the very end...