Couscous is so easy to make. Stir fry diced onions, carrots and peppers till fragrant add seasoning to taste (pepper, salt, herbs, cheese…). Add in tomato puree. Stir in couscous, add water if it dries up. Stir in some curry powder. Cover to cook. As for the grilled pepper, just add some vinegar and soy sauce to the pepper then grilled it or put in the oven till it softens and looks crunchy. Voila. It is ready to eat. Fast and easy and delish.

My first day at work didn’t go too badly as it was Friday and the old timers encouraged me to be lazy too. So nice these people. Also got some useful ‘tips’ (short cuts). Be nice to people and people will be nice to you and give you useful ‘tips’. Am good today and didn’t use any of those ‘tips’ but will definitely bear them in mind.
I cleaned one kitchen. Was cursing those people who leave their dirty dishes all over the place as it took me a long time to clear the place before I can actually start work. Was a bit stress when students keep coming in to ask me when I will be done. So tempted to tell them that their kitchen is Bloody Dirty and they are Stressing me out. All I could say was really sorry I am new. After that I helped out this other old timer with some rooms. Time pass by quickly when you are busy. Before I know it I can go home already.
I have a soft spot for cleaners. I get fond of them easily even though most of them are smokers. For those of you who know me would know how much I dislike smokers. I always feel that smokers are a serious health and safety hazard. But I am fond of cleaners (even if they smoke) because I had one of the nicest cleaner ever in my first year.
I was really sick during my first week in UK and when I was in the kitchen, she came in and I started breaking down crying like a silly girl in front of her, telling her I am really sick and the stupid Health Center would not see me till the end of the week and I really miss my family. I was that fragile back then. Not anymore. Anyway, the next day, she came back with a bunch of flowers for me and told me not to be homesick, that she will watch out for me like my mother. I was so ‘gam tong’ (touched) because I only know her for 3 days. I will never forget her kindness. And thanks to her, I will always be reminded to be kind to others because she has been kind to me.
PS – I got the Food and Beverage job at the Union. Gonna start on Monday. Can soon bitch about union work with Fel.
PJ the Poser says: ‘Hi can I help?...Anything else?.. Next please…’
> Joanne, when Duncan asked me why I am interested in the job. I told him ‘I heard from my friend, Joanne Jong that it is Awesome Good Fun working at the union.’ That did the trick!!!
12 comments:
Pei Jie, what are you working as?..
chef?
no no not chef.. cleaner.. hahaha.. funny lah u..
waitressing at the Union...
oh.hehe maafkan saya.. salah faham....
btw, Pei Jie, do you know who sang the song 'my way'?
Frank Sinatra?
try google..
i google everything...
its amazing what you can find..
congraaaaaaaaaaaats pjjjjj...!!!!... hahahah... waitressing at the union where?? so wat... you took the cleaning job and the waitressing job??? why so manyyy??? can cope not?? but good for you good for you!!!!!
hopefully can lah..
dunno where leh..but they didn't say xananas.
i shall see u tomoroooo...
eiiiiiiiiiii......lil Pei Jie is growing up growing up....:P Ganbatte!!! Work hard!
u should try for the chef position...hehe.
thanks Pei Jie.. well i'm too lazy to google..hehe...
ya lah Vicky, age is catchin up..
derek, tu as plaisante!! (you must be kidding in French.)
hey Charlene, better goggle in case wrong but i think it is him..
yup it's ol' blue eyes...frank sinatra's the singer.
Post a Comment