Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Bloghistory

The Beginning…
It all started with me being ‘kiasu’ in February 2005, wanting to make the most of tax-payers money for my education here in UK. So I joined Warwick Blogs. The intention wasn’t to blog because I have no idea what it is but to store photos. Then I started blogging and I couldn’t stop. Warwick Blogs is great. It is much more user friendly than Blogspot. 187 post I blogged there. Along the way, I got hooked and soon found blogs of loads of people I know. I even ended up signing up for Xanga just to leave comments on friend’s blog. I also blogged once or twice on Friendster Blog when I joined Friendster last year.

I am less personal on Warwick Blogs. Perhaps it is because of the fear of going out to classes and someone shouting. ‘Hey I know that girl I read her blog and she is an emotional wreck or a ranty little bitch!’ Not denying that I am not any of those labels. But you get what I mean.

I love Warwick Blogs. You get to have so many people reading your blog and it is quite overwhelming at times. And I love reading Warwick Blogs, people blog about serious stuffs, funny stuffs, anything and everything.

Soon I forced some friends to start blogging too and it was great fun, reading their blogs. It is good to be updated when we can no longer afford to call each other anytime everyday or talk as long as we fancy on the phone. That was what we used to do in school. It gets to my dad all the time. He always say ‘Why do you need to call your friend when you just got back from school?’ Also love reading blogs of college pals who I promised to keep in touch but have been so horrible at it.

I got some racists hate mails just the beginning of this year. So I decided to leave Warwick Blogs. So here I am here at Blogspot. I am getting to love this Blog. Somehow I feel most people who visit this blog are people that I know well and they are in fact the people I have in mind when I blog. Blogging now to me is like having a cuppa ‘teh tarik’ ( pulled tea) with some old friends and share bits of my life that are still shareable. I guess this blog is more personal. It is as personal as it gets.

Blogging to me is stripping myself but still not naked. Like Lady Goddiva.

What is blogging to you?

PS – This entry is inspired by Derek, my dear friend, Karin’s LG. Wanted to try to burn the midnight oil yesterday but felt so sleepy at 11pm and I gave in to lala land.

4 comments:

Charlene said...

i gues blogging is our half personal online diary to share with friends + strangers

PJ said...

sometimes its hard to draw the line between what to share and not share...

Deriku said...

inspired by me? woot! :)

yeah i tend to get a bit apprehensive when it comes to posting personal stuff. i guess there's another side to bloggers too.

PJ said...

ya derek. sometimes i worry if im revealing too much to the big big world. my exhousemate once said secrets are to protect oneself. perhaps i should start protecting myself and have more secrets.

i feel so secretless sometimes..