...when it hurts so much to Love someone.
Had an awesome Valentine's Day Party at Flat 9. I have to say that this is the best Valentine's Day of my 3 year here at uni.
First year, I remember Grace came, we went to Leamington for Chinese buffet. I think it was one of our first Chinese food here in UK that we were so happy and excited at the sight of Chinese food. We ended up having many many servings of fruits and ice cream too.
Then last year, was drinking nite with Joanne, Ef and Shu. Konked out after 7 shots of tequila. Never ever drink more than 6 shots!
This year's V day is called Project AMOUR. Each of us have to think of a dish starting with one of the 5 letters in AMOUR to make a dish. What we made: Daffy made Man Tou (traditional chinese bread) with 3 kinds of sauces (curry, pepper and crab sauces). Yummm..Stella made a pancake thingy wrapped with pineapple and chocolate and apples. It was so yummy but the French name for it is damn long that I can't remember now. It starts with A though! Yummm.. Fel made tempura Udang (prawns) with chicken and mushroom wrapped with ham which has a very posh Indo name but again I can't remember now and she also made Udon. Plus plus she made heart shaped Chilled Chocolate! Yummm.. Shu made heart shape Ommellettes with prawns and mushrooms. Yummm... Jin made Ayam Korma and Almond Tofu. Yummm... Frankie made Oyster Mushroom. Yummm... Steve made Mussels with courgettes and peppers. Yummm... Andrew made a dessert thingy which I can't recall the name now. Yummm...
Me, I have to do a dish with the letter RRRRRRR!!!! Initially I wanted to make Roti Canai but seems like too hard. So I ended up making Roasted Butternut Squash, Raspberry Yoghurt Ice Cream and Rove (Love) Cookies ( white chocolate, milk chocolate, almond and cashew nuts). Mine was really crap if compared to the other talented chefs. You know what, I can't help but think why they are still here at Warwick, they should all go open a Michelin Star restaurant!
Daffy gave a prize to the winner of Project AMOUR...
...which is...
...Drum Rolls..
Kitchen Idiot Fel! ( Dear Fel, You need to change your blog title now and also put up the AMOUR Award on your bloggie!)
I really enjoyed myself. It is so cosy with this group of friends. We talk about really deep and serious issues like 'Love is...' (even though it was me crapping most of the time about what I think Love is.) and we also talk loads of other crappy stuffs that I can't remember now but ask me again in 10 years time and I will tell you from beginning to the end. It is really odd that I remember loads of stuff that happen like 10 year or more ago when I was a wee kid but I can't remember recent things. I was reassured that I am normal when F says she feels that way too.
Other things I really like is the little little animated actions that Stella, Daffy and Fel make all the time. Everyone is trying to copy them now. haha.. Wannabes... me included too.. My favourite is of course non other than Fel's beat the chest as a sign of 'I understand you.' or 'I been through that too.' or 'Yes I agreee.' or 'I feel it too.' To do it you must first clench your right fist (if you are right handed) and beat your left chest passionately 3 times ( nothing more nothing less, only 3!).
We also look back together on how each of us first met and got to know each other. I could still remember...
...Shu knocking on my door in my college dorm and say ' Hi! I am Shu Bei. I live next door!'
...Met Fel when it first snowed in my first year via Effidilio (who I got to know from Shu).
...Opened a door at AV for Daffy and being the really random me by asking her if she is Singaporean.
...Met Stella who happen to be with Daffy in front of the sports center last September and once more being really random I shocked her by asking her about the cookies that she made for her brother. She asked me ' How did you know?' I replied 'I have been reading your blog.'
...I got to know Jin and Frankie from Badminton and Steve through Jin.
It is amazing to look back and see how we all started from a smile and hello to becoming friends.
Happy Valentine's Day people!!! Feel free to comment and continue the sentence "Love is.." I want to hear from everyone of you cause you guys never stop inspiring me...
Tuesday, February 14, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I KNEW IT! I KNEW U'D SAY YOUR FOOD WAS CRAP! I'll just pretend I didn't read anything! *GRR!*
I KNEW YOU'D SAY LEAVE COMMENT PEOPLE! ABOUT THE MEANING OF LOVE.
But I gave u too many definitions of love, all I'll just say that love is what we all shared yesterday.
just got up..and im inspired by both your words...
1 Corinthians 13
My fave is 1 Cor 13:7
Love never gives up and its faith hope and patience never fails...
:-)
thought u might be interested in this: http://www.lexpress.mu/display_article_sup.php?news_id=60208
luv ya. x
Post a Comment