Friday, February 24, 2006

Another End is Near

2 more weeks and I am done with all my modules for my final year. Not going to get much of an Easter break with all the assignments and revisions to do. Am taking a break from trying to finish some journal articles for my tax essay. Somehow I feel the speed each year pass me by is increasing. I felt first year pass by slowly. Second year pass by much quicker and this year is like finishing in a milisecond. I know there is still like 4 more months to go but I could feel time ticking and it all ending real soon.

As I look back at my 3 years at uni, I realised first year was a difficult adaptation period, trying to get used to living away from home in a foreign country. It can be really difficult at times but God has always been around for me. Second year was more of a social year, getting to know more friends at badminton and also joining Rev which is one of the best thing ever that has happened to me here at uni. Once more God has been wonderful. This year I was determined to focus more on my studies which means being a hermit most of the time. But once more God knows what is best for me and I felt that He made this Year - A Year for Friends. When I am not working I try to spend as much time with the few friends that mean a lot to me here. I dread the day when I have to say goodbye to them and we all go our different ways. I know I will miss them a lot and I want to make the most of the little time left here at Warwick for Friends that are so precious and rare.

In addition to all that, I picked up my brush again. I was overjoyed to paint again. It has always been my passion but I have not been able to find time to do it for the past few years. Painting gives me a deep sense of peace and now that it is back in my life I shall not let it slip into abyss again.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's always great to see you enjoying yourself with your mates PJ. Definetly make the most of your time with them this year. I hated saying goodbye to everyone last summer. It was a real wrench.

Tip: Try to steward graduation week if you can. It's great because most of the International people are on campus so you can all hang out, you live with Arts Centre Stewards AND (the best bit) you can see all your friends graduate and make some noise for them...and possibly try and sneak their parents in to better seats...but you didn't hear that last bit from me ;)

Anonymous said...

guess time flies fast when you're with friends...

glad that u've get back to your interest of painting... so, paint nay nice good-looking guy yet?..hehe

PJ said...

helo Mus, thanks for the tip but not sure if I can make it to work durin graduation cos am planning to travel a bit. actually am reli lookin forward to wearing the graduation 'costume' and maybe get some brooms to look like harry potter!

charlene, yea gonna go out to the streets and pick a random hunk to paint. hahaha...