Since I got like 3 cook books for Christmas/Birthday. I have hereby resolved to try out at least one recipe a week. This week, I was going to make tomato cheddar rice. ( from 101 Vegie Dishes that Andrew gave me).But Stella didn't feel like having cheese, so it became tomato rice instead. I love cheese but after having cheese for like breakfast, lunch and diner everyday in Italy, I got a bit sick of it. So, no cheese this time!
I also made Bubur Caca ( not Ka Ka Stella, is Cha Cha!) . Couldn't find yam at tesco. So I put banana which is what my housemate KH did last year. I also added sago kindly sponsored by who else but Jin who has everything! It is hillarious to see Stella's curious face asking me what was in the Bubur Caca. She kept asking ' Is it mushroom? Is it peach?'
The rice turned out to be too wet and the Cha Cha on the opposite end was too thick i.e not watery enough. But anyway, I had fun doing it and then share it with my friends who even though know that the food is not super would still eat it to make me smile.
Then we proceeded to watch Miss Congeniality 2 (not the kinda movie I normally watch but it is the only movie everyone has). Cheesy movie but it was fun watching it with Jin, Shu and Stella. We also learnt some self defense moves from the move. Love the quote from the movie: "People care about people who care about themselves."
After that, Shu and I proceeded to watch a Korean drama , Winter Sonata. I know it is so out of date and old but somehow I never got round to watching it. I still don't quite understand why Korean dramas like to use the theme of incest. Personally somehow I prefer watching Japanese dramas to Korean. Winter Sonata is a very sad and disturbing movie, but there is no turning back now. Have to finish what we started.
We watched 2 CDs yesterday, 18 more to go!
2 comments:
I'd never eat food just to make u smile. I eat because it's nice & hungry hahaha. & u know well u cook nicely, tut tut. =)
thanks for the booboo cha cha. 'portion too small' as fel would say though hahaha. kidding:)
hahaha...tut tut...
didn't make a lot boo boo cha cha cos worried u gals might not like it then i will hafta eat cha cha cha for the whole week!!!
was talkin to Jin and we were thinkin of havin an all dessert nite.. maybe we can do that during our singles Valentine's Day party..
each of us make one kind of cake or dessert...it will be a sugar high nite... wat do u think?
still considerin whether to include daffy..hmmmm...wat say u?
Post a Comment