I got a 2:1. I would be lying if I said I am not disappointed. I do feel a tiny bit disappointed. I remember telling my dad during the exams that I really am working hard so I can get a first to make them proud of me. And as always my slacker dad said ‘But you only need a 2:1 to get your job, no need to work so hard lah. Relek lah..’ Yes my dad’s the worst motivator in the world. I feel I have worked harder than the normal slacker me this year but of course being a natural born slacker. I was still watching Korean dramas during exams. I was working a couple of times a week still before and during exams when everyone was literally camping in the library and living a revision life. Perhaps if I had spend more time at the library studying and less time watching Korean dramas and working I would have gotten the first that I have hoped for. But I also realized if I was to do it all over again, I would have done the same thing. I would have still watched those bloody Korean dramas just because I am a slacker and I would still have worked because I needed the money. I actually am thankful to get a 2:1. It could have been worse. If I had gotten a 2:2, I would not be able to work with the company as they require a 2:1. And it will be too late to apply for jobs as most vacancies have been filled.
So PJ’s Plan B if she didn’t get a 2:1 was to travel with the money she saved for Rent in Birmingham. She was thinking of going to Japan. Guess it is not the time to go to Japan after all.
Friday, June 23, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
congrats on ur results!! but.. err.. what's a 2:1 anyway??
thanks charlene..
2:1 is second upper..the best is first class..
Congrats PJ! Well done :) Ferny said is very very good already. GS said you will know results do not count much after you work for some time :) and btw, 2:1 really is very very good already, especially you got it while needing to get use to this Ang Mo Land...
icic.. ya.. u're fren is right... getting second upper class is okie...
as long as it can helps u get into whatever u're going to next.. it's okie...
2nd upper is considered okay here, really!
congrats anyway. after all, what are result slips but pieces of paper? :)
thanks gs...u also Boleh One in this Ang Mo Land! ;-)
charlene, gspoh is my cousin's hubby... hehehe.. also my good fren lah.. ;-)
hey derek, ya dats what my dad said.its only a piece of paper. but can't help feelin a lil disappointed after working hard. but i definitely can look back without regrets. i gave the best and sometimes my best is not good enough to get what i want but God has given me what He thinks is Best for me and i hafta be thankful.
oh...hehe icic... my mistake... woohoo countdown tothe day u arrive back in muar!!
21 Days from now..
:-)
Post a Comment