Sunday, June 11, 2006

Beer Batter


Today’s Menu:
Cheesy Leek and Mushroom Rice
Beer Battered Rainbow Trout
Prawn Salad

Today’s Recipe:
Cheesy Leek and Mushroom Rice
Cook rice in rice cooker. Stir fry sliced leek and mushroom in butter. Add into rice when rice is boiling. Season with stock, salt and pepper. Stir in grated cheese. When rice is cook transfer into casserole dish. Sprinkle cheese on top and bake till brown.

Beer Battered Rainbow Trout
Recipe for Batter
100g flour
100ml beer
1 egg yolk
A pinch of baking powder
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Whisk everything till smooth. Cover and refrigerate for 20 mins before dipping it with seasoned trout to deep fry.

Prawn salad
Mix lettuce, grated carrots, corn, cooked prawn and nuts with salad dressing and mix herbs. Easy does it.

Voila...

The University Library sucks. All finalist have to return all books borrowed by tommorow and our card expires tommorow. So I have to return the books that I have not finish reading otherwise I will not be able to graduate this summer. (that's what's gonna happen according to the threatening e-mail that the lib sent.) This sucks. I am only half way through To Kill A Mockingbird and I have not even started Joy Luck Club yet. How can they do this to us when we still have 2 weeks left.

2 more weeks till term ends. And PJ has to say goodbye to chill out student life. This sucks...


2 comments:

Deriku said...

it's good! i mean the book u're reading now :)

PJ said...

i havent finish yet..and i just returned it to the library..
sucks..