Friday, June 02, 2006

Grey's Anatomy

Watched the First Episode of Grey’s Anatomy and I already think it is brilliant. Medical dramas always make me emo. Thanks Daffy for sending me almost 2 seasons of Grey’s Anatomy. Missing you already.

Can’t help but wonder how life would have been if I had listened to my mum to be a doctor. I said No immediately cause obviously I am so not Doctor Material. PJ is Not smart enough and too much of a slacker.

When I was in college, I did a week of volunteering attachment at the hospital with some of my doctors-to-be friends. I felt so depressed after coming back from the hospital everyday. I felt so helpless seeing all those patients’ suffering. I felt like crying when I see those people in pain. I guess I am too soft to be a doctor. I get emo too easily.

I thought of my few close friends who are halfway through their medical school. I thought about one very dear friend whose ambition is to be a doctor since primary school. I really respect and admire you guys for your passion, determination and perseverance. Continue ‘Fighting’ till your dreams come true!! (Oh ya, thanks Dr Grace for you good luck e-card. So sweet of you my dear. Will write soon I promise.)

As I watched the drama while slurping my noodles, I also thought of my brother who is going into med school next year. I sure miss my smart ass brother. I can’t wait to go home and watch Grey’s Anatomy with him. I know he will love it. Dude, if you are reading this, just want to let you know that I am fucking proud of you and I know you will be a great doctor just like grandpa!!! Yes my grandpa was a Chinese physician. I never met him but he was a well known physician during his time. His story is another of those self made man stories. Poverty forced him to leave China for Malaya when he was a young boy and you can probably guess the next ‘hard work to success’ part of the story.

And it’s a great feeling to know that my little baby brother is following in the footsteps of my grandpa that I always look up to with respect and admiration.

2 comments:

Deriku said...

hah my grandpa was a chinese physician too.
hey u should try catching HOUSE. it's the coolest med series.

PJ said...

Grey's Anatomy is My First Love...Cannot change so quickly..But will give House a chance when I am over and done with Grey's Anatomy...

Your grandpa is a physician too!!!

im always intrigue by the stories of accupunctures and all that of my grandpa...