Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Conviction

I still remember when I was in my last year at secondary school the girl sitting in front of me, SY asked me 'Hey what do you think of sex before marriage?’
I just look at her and said ‘I guess it is normal and it is ok.’
And I got on with my work. She went ballistic and said ‘What!!!’
I could still remember her face and she started nagging me. I told her I guess it is ok to do it with someone you truly love. That was me then.

When I was in college, I don't know if it is because I had more Christian friends or because I started to believe in God or for God knows what reason. I sat in church on Sunday morning and it suddenly dawned on me how wrong sex before marriage is. But I still wasn't totally convinced but nevertheless I made a promise that if I ever met someone that I truly love I would tell him that he has to marry me if he wants to have sex with me. Most guys are probably put off by that. That was me then.

Recently, my friend shared her thoughts about this matter which absolutely convinced me that sex before marriage is wrong. She said having sex Before marriage is making a statement that it is ok to have sex Outside marriage.

For now I am convinced unless someone comes along and can convince me otherwise with a good reason. But of course to do or not to do is a personal choice.I do not in any way condemn people who practise sex before marriage. I don't think sex is a bad thing. It probably is something really amazing if experienced it with the right person and the right mindset.

This entry is kinda random. Just want to share some thoughts that cross my mind when I was watching dramas. Currently watching 'Sorry I Love You'. I was a bit put off by the cheesy title but I love it so much even though I am only at Ep 2. Better than Full House which I just finished. The last episode is my favourite. If you guys think that I am slacking. I am proud to report that I spend 3 hours in the library studying today. I know it is no big deal considering I know people who camp there to study. But for slacker me, it is hell of an achievement to stay in there for so long. I went there to borrow a book and thought might as well try studying there. I tried so hard not to fall asleep. It is so quiet even though it was almost Full House. Everyone is working hard. PJ must stop slacking!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i did put a comment but funny, it didn't appear.
anyway, u gotta be kidding me that you are a slacker! everyone is gonna back me on that! :)
to me, sex before marriage is a definite no. you think you love the person, and he is the right one.. but you know, things happen, anything.. and suddenly, he is not the right one. my dad once told me that virginity cannot be bought and sold at a bicycle shop. i was 13 then.

Charlene said...

hmm not sure what is right or wrong these days.. sigh.. everything is turning upside down in this world...

seems like people don't treat marriage as a serious stuff.. it's sort of like statement that u 'can live with 'HIM/HER' legally and what u'll get when u're divorced...

Deriku said...

hmm i came across this conversation today, someone saying that after the first time, the guy will usually look more 'muscular' or physically attractive.

naturally, i laughed it off. what do u think?

PJ said...

>shi yan,ya dats so true.everything seems so impermanent these days. people change. good or bad hard to say. my dad commented once that most young people these days do 'it' anyway. I was really mad at him and I said how could think that way and so if i had a boyfriend, will he think that way too. he did not hesitate to say that 'i know you won't.' im suprised when he said that but i wonder if he really meant it. i was 16.
>charlene, the world is in such a crazy state now. it really saddens me to hear of people breaking of and divorce and all that shit.
> derek, aiyah I think it is just one of those silly chauvinistic thoughts of men who think that doing 'it' is hell of an achievement! there you go, doing 'it' for the wrong reasons.if want to get more muscular go work out at the gym lah! ;-p

Charlene said...

ya.. everybody married for the sake of marriage... not love....

PJ said...

charlene,im sure there must be people who marry for love. sure got sure got...