Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Minus 4

It was a freaking Negative 4 degrees tonight and the walk back from the Arts Center felt like forever. My lips are now totally cracked and swollen. All I wanted when I got back was a cuppa Milo. ( is it MeLoh or MyLoh ? I call it MeLoh all the time but apparently it is MyLoh. I think I am right cos if you sing Do Re Mi, it is do re Me not do re My. hah!)

Capote ( http://www.sonyclassics.com/capote/ ) lived up to all the hype even though the poster didn't really appeal to me much and I didn't even realise that I was going to work for an Academy Award movie. So I guess when you have no expectations about something, the overall experience is better. No expectations, better experience. Philip Seymour Hoffman was brilliant as Truman. Now I so want to read In Cold Blood by Truman and also To Kill A Mocking Bird by Nelle Harper Lee ( I always thought this classic was written by a male. How ignorant). I love watching movies that are actually true. It gives a sense of realism to it. The movie goes to show that people are selfish, and manipulative. But at the end of the day, it will get back to you. Sometimes I feel so scared that I will turn into a selfish bitch living in an environment which is such. Doing what I don't want to do and not doing what I want to do. The environment changes you so subtly that you won't even realise it. Scary.

The Matador (http://www.matadorthemovie.com/) is a very light movie if compared to Capote. It is not a 'must see' movie or a movie that I will want to watch again. But at least it didn't make me fall asleep. Pierce Brosnan looked really old in that movie. Feels so different from his usual Mr Bond persona.

Up and coming movies this week that I will be working: Sabah, Syriana, and La Neuvaine. Fingers cross they don't have long credits or audiences who stay till the credits finish rolling.

The girl I worked with actually went to do work at the Grid after the movies. I feel like super slacker cause all I wanted to do was to watch the Commonwealth Highlights on TV but housemates dating in the kitchen. I will just have to make do with my book or the internet.

4 comments:

Stella said...

Hihihi so funny, in French, I say it as Me-Lo, and in Eng, as My-lo:)
Hey freaking cold dude! How come?!??! Is it snowing too?! The weather's soooooooooooo ugly hereeeeeee, raining all day, y y y! maybe it dozn't want me to suntan, duh.

Stella said...

OHMIGOD! I just realised u changed yr blog name n u know whattttttttttt TRUMAN CAPOTE- u know what CAPOTE MEANSSSSSSS???

CONDOM.

Anonymous said...

hiya pei jie...
i learnt new things as well on ur blog.
didnt know "Capote" means "Condom". which language is dat?(if u dont mind me asking Valentina) :P

I pronounce is Me-Loh.but i sort of get funny stares when i say that. My-Loh sounds funny! :P
at least we r at the same wavelenght..haha

PJ said...

Celina, capote means condom in french. Ya I so understand you. like when i say 'want some MeLoh'. people go like 'huh?' then i say 'wants some MyLoh'. then they go 'Oh MyLoh.Yes please...'

i am still convinve it is MeLoh. MyLoh is so wrong,so wrong... ;-p

Stella, i just check my french dictionary. capote could mean 'hood' also. aiyo.. all in your mind is comdoms. ;-p hahaha..
wah even french also is MeLoh!

it is not snowing but freaking cold still. i think it is easier to get a tan here in the summer. thats what happened to me. i was burnt like charchoal when i went to Brighton with Joanne,Ef and Shu last summer. lets do it too!

haf a fab day my dear friends.