Tuesday, March 07, 2006

All Connected

Yes I finally got the courage to link blogs of friends and strangers onto this little blog. If you don't see your blog on the list, its probably I was blind and forgot to add you ( which is my bad and you better let me know otherwise it will be your bad. ) or you haven't been updating (your bad and you better update soon.). Anyway, I probably did miss out some people. The list will keep multiplying. I will double check soon just to make sure it is complete. Bah, it will never be complete. There are so many awesome blogs out there that I want to put into my list. The list is not in any kind of preference. Just randomness and initially I tried to make it in Alphabetical order but it was too daunting so I gave up.

Shu made porridge for lunch. Porridge as in the real Rice Porridge not the fake oat porridge. We had it with ommelette, sweet dried beancurd and also preserved vegetables. So simple, wholesome and satisfying.


Now for some grandmother porridge stories ( before I get back to trying very very hard to finish my bloody book that I have to report on. ). I used to have porridge for lunch everyday when I stayed with grandma. I actually didn't like the soggy rice (ie porridge). But have to eat it anyway. If it is plain porridge there normally will be fish and veg to eat with or meat. I was a spoilt brat, grandma will take away all the fish bones for me. The fishes in Malaysia are little tiny ones with loads of bones. Grandma used to call me little cat cause like a cat I know it if fish are not fresh and would refuse to eat them.

I remember once I had a very rude argument with grandma when I was 10. After being really rude, I had diner and I choked on a 1 inch long fish bone. I was screaming and crying. Everyone was so scared and worried even the neighbours. I was brought to the emergency unit at the hospital. That was the day I believe in karma, you get what you deserve. Never be rude to your elders or you will get choked. A few years later, after grandma passed away, I realised that I didn't know how to eat fish because all 14 years of my life, grandma has always been around to take away the fish bones for me. All nicely done with her tender love. The only regret I have in life is for always taking her for granted. I guess we never appreciate the blessings we have until we lose it.

No comments: