Tuesday, March 28, 2006

'Ki Kohk'

One word about Korean Dramas....
'Ki Kohk'!
This word is a new word I learnt from Vicky at school. If I am not wrong it should mean frustrating, annoying, heartbreaking, and anything along those lines. I am not sure what language it is cause no one seems to have heard that word before except Vicky and of course her friends.

Back to Korean dramas. Jin, Shu and I watched Winter Sonata from about 11pm to 7am.

7 hours! Of course with 'Indo Mee Goreng' and 'Milo' breaks. Food is also very important for an all nighter. One Cd after another and we didn't even realise that the sun had risen. That was when we all decide to get some beauty sleep even though I secretly wanted to finish up all the 10 Cds left. Tonight tonight.... I am not going to sleep until I watch the final Cd.

The evil thing about Korean dramas is they are always so sad and so addictive. You get hooked and absorbed with it. And they are typical. There is always 4 main characters. There is one ultimate bitch, one ultimate bastard and then there is this two person who love each other so deep but can never get together because of all the obstacles that makes the whole drama so 'ki kohk'. Very dramatic and tragic. But you still want to watch it because it is sad and we all need to watch a sad drama once in a while. And it is so easy to fall in love with the lead actors. They are always like the perfect sweet, gentleman, sensitive, romantic guy. Now this makes Korean dramas unrealistic cause these type of guys don't exist in the real world or at least I have yet to meet one like that. I guess God didn't make us to be perfect but to be perfect for each other.

Looking forward to another 'ki kohk' night of Winter Sonata.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey PJ, that is a very ki kohk drama..really...hehhee...enjoy ya n_n

PJ said...

halo sing cher!! ya damn ki kohk. but i like.

bae yong june is so cute! now i sound like some silly teenager. ;-p

realised am old liao. i feel so exhausted from all the late night dramas. no stamina anymore. age is catching up.

faster update your blog!!!

gambade with finals!

Deriku said...

ki kohk...another slang word from muar? that's new ;)

PJ said...

hahaha.. its not slang word from Muar. it is Vicky's copyrights reserved slang. ;-p

Anonymous said...

hahahhaha since when it's mine!!! Anyway, I so totally understand your "ki kohk-ness". I think not only Korean dramas, HK or Japanese dramas are the same too. Make you toss and turn in bed wondering what's gonna happen for the remaining episodes. I have a love-hate relationship with drama. I so love them till I go crazy. But, at the same time, I so hate it when I have to stop watching to catch up some sleep or finish up my hw..boooooooo

PJ said...

true true...once you start you can't stop.

im so tired now...need to catch up on work as i haf been slacking but so tired. padan muka me.

btw what language is ki khok?

Anonymous said...

hahaha, I seriously dunno! ^o^

PJ said...

hahaha..you arrr...hey you haven't send me the TVB site. i wanna download DIF 1 and watch tao da yu again. ;-)

Anonymous said...

is it hokkien?? yeh i think so..my mum just said yes n_n

Anonymous said...

awwww...Cheung Tai Yong!!!! Ok, ok, sowiieeeeeeee I forgot!!! I send to your email now.....Btw, last time I didn't watch DIF 1 also. Now watch backwards...haha

PJ said...

sing cher you are at home!!! so nice..
ooh.. its hokkien.. i never heard anyone at home use tho..

thanks Vicky! im so excited!! ;-)

Anonymous said...

i never heard that either except from Vicky...of course ma..only *people* like *v* use this word ! Hahahaa =P

Anonymous said...

elerrr...are you guys sure?? I am sure other people use this word too!! Otherwise where did I learn it from?? hmmmmm......wwwaaaaaaa....I don't know!!! bluek =P

PJ said...

you created it and we all learn it from you!

Anonymous said...

hello all! sing cher's birthday coming soon *wink wink*. anyway pj, i just found out that i was wrong about the price of the dvdsss. its 200+ a lil. is that okay? also, you should watch the korean drama "i am sorry i love you" (recomended by my korean friend and it was the hottest in 2004), "full house" (all my friends love it) and "wonderful life" (cute lil girl and funny)!! haha, just several suggestions. gambade!

Anonymous said...

woahhhh rare case suddenly ah boo leaves a msg....*leaves me gaping in awe*

PJ said...

hiang ting.dats ok.e-mail me the bill (how much, bank account details etc). thanks so much really appreciate it. will check those up when i finish winter sonata. we are all getting ill from all the late nites and decided to rest for a few days. old liao. hahahaha..

guess what guess what?? im meeting up with ah chua on Monday. she is goin home in April. she's been here since last summer but we have both been so busy and couldn't find time to meet up. Finally.:-)