Currently watching Hotaru-no-hikari (Glow of a Firefly.)

I love it! It is one of those where you want to clap your hands after the first episode and give it a standing ovation.
I just love the dialogues of Japanese dramas.
There is so much elegance and wisdom in every words.
Love it love it love it.
Learnt a new Japanese word from the drama.
Japanese word of the day is Himono Oona.
Himono means dried fish. Oona means woman.
Basically it is the Japanese term for single woman who have 'dried' up.
These Himono ladies are single, like to stay at home instead of going out for dates.
The main character in the drama is well no prize for guessing a typical Himono Oona. She is anti social, love staying in with a beer in her sloppy T-shirt and track bottoms. She just doesn't make an effort to go out there and be 'in' the dating scene. Her motto is 'lazing around at home is better than fooling around outside'.
Made me think perhaps I am a Himono Oona. Not perhaps but I am one.
I am quite anti-social.
Friends have been inviting me out for parties and stuffs, encouraging me to go 'out there' and meet 'new' people. But I just feel couldn't be arsed.
I like staying in. I used to love having a cold beer in the summer but it is too cold to have cold beer now. And I hate warm beer. So the beer will have to wait till the summer. Yea, maybe I am a bit sloppy at home but I love being at home, being myself.
I don't really mind being a Himono Oona.
And I couldn't agree more with the motto 'lazing around at home is better than fooling around outside'.
Lately, I have been filled up with lots of gossips about affairs and 'the lot'.
Totally scandalous stuff...
It is those kinda of real life dramas that when you hear it your first words are probably 'No way!!' or 'That can't be true...'
But of course they are true and very disturbing.
Makes you feel disillusioned about work, about life, about love and about trust...
You just don't know what to believe anymore sometimes.
4 comments:
well i've elarn a technique from julie..and that will be watch 1st epi.. middle one and last epi...haha
oh btw PJ can i ask for ur house add in Uk please? thanks
oh i thought i have replied your message re: house add. hmmm... nvm, let me send again...x
hey ! i watched your firefly show, it's really funny !! i've just finished the second episode, so entertaining to watch
joanne
jong?
funny rite... lol
and it is only 10 episodes. just the right amount of episodes to keep me entertain. not too draggy.
x
Post a Comment