The summer that never really arrived has ended.
Maybe it has ended long time ago but I was just in denial.
Anyway, I cleared away all my summer clothes and took out my winter clothes. I reckon I won't be on any hot hols anytime soon so the summer clothes are all nicely tucked in the spare cupboard.
As I was sorting out my stuff I thought I might as well do a bit of spring clearing.
Clear the clutters and chuck old stuff away. Good for feng shui apparently.
It is always difficult work and you end up finding things that should have been chucked away ages ago. Couldn't do it then and couldn't do it now. Sentimental freak.
I found a bottle of perfume - Hypnose Lancome. There was still like a wee bit left in it. I thought I lost it when I moved from Warwick.
The top was stuck and I tried to jerk it out and ended up having a big whiff of the perfume. Then I look at the colour of the perfume. It was light brown when you hold it against the sun light. I tried to remember the colour when I was given the perfume. I think it was light blue. Shite! The perfume has gone bad! Or does perfume get better with time like cheese? I chucked it anyway in case it was toxic.
Also chucked away some make up that I bought when I was Warwick. They were all brand new. Not sure why I bought them. Must be for some function. Probably used it once or twice.
Someone asked me recently what my makeup or beauty regime was.
Well..
I clean my face with Excel cleanser.
Then I moisturise with Biotherm moisturiser.
On a really bad day I might put a bit of Lancome face powder.
I tried to think of anything else I can add to the regime.
Nah, thats it. Actually probably everyone else has a longer beauty regime than me. You boys included.
I know a lot of people who feel naked without make up.
I suppose the feeling is like I feel masked with make up.
And I have really sensitive skin that breaks out the few times I had to use make up.
Personally I think 'make up' is just an invention for women to give women a hard time. A lot of time women are just too critical of women which is why women have a different view from men when rating a women's beauty.
I remember I was having pizza with a girlfriend once.
She looked at me very seriously and said : 'You are actually really pretty.'
I was taken aback and almost chocked on my pizza. Those words sound 10 times better when said by a woman compared to when said by a man (who say it for one reason mostly). I feel very flattered whenever I am told that by a fellow women (who actually mean it when they say it).
Isn't it nice just to be a bit less critical? I don't know what kind of pretty my friend saw in me that day but I just thought she was being a less critical woman that day.
Women should not let anyone tell them they are anything less than fabulous.
P/s - This post is inspired by Grace who reminded me of something I wrote 2 years ago. If you have too much time on your hands, feel free to revisit my ramblings then.
Thursday, October 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment