Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Love Simply Is..

My first Paulo Coelho's book was The Alchemist.
Probably one of the best book I have read this year.

I was looking for Eleven Minutes by Paulo at the library.
Alas it wasn't meant to be. But I found The Witch Of Portobello instead.

The Witch of Portobello is actually much more profound than the Alchemist if you really read into it. I think I read a bit too much into it. There was some moments when I actually felt my head hurt a wee bit. And I had to constantly remind myself that the book is a work of fiction (or is it?). It is so cleverly written that towards the end I was actually believing that I had read a real life biography.

And the book makes you realise that many things just simply is. Like Love.

Love is not a habit, a commitment, or a debt. It isn't what romantic songs tells us it is - love simply is.'

I shall not say more about the book because you have to read it for yourself.

No comments: