Friday, October 24, 2008

The Shadow of the Wind

I just can't stop reading this whole week.

The feeling is like I have not eaten for a long time and suddenly I keep getting surrounded by all these amazing food.

Its like all these books asking me to read them. How can I say no to that.

This is my third book of the week - The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon (translated by Lucia Graves) I am reading it slowly because I want to savour it. Its really weird. Usually I just can't wait to finish a book. But this book, I just don't want it to end, for some odd reason that I myself can't comprehend. I am only 1/3 through it and its so captivating. Many people have hailed it as the Da Vinci Code of Spain. I have to disagree, this book is much much better than the Da Vinci Code. I think the Da Vinci Code is way over-rated.

Reading has been the only exciting thing this week.

But the award for the most exciting thing this week has to be that the Jong is here.

See you tommorow Jong! Excitingness.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

how many books are you getting through in a month ? !!

if your company gives you that much free time, get yourself a part-time job la... hahahhahhaahaha.

PJ said...

i havevn't read for ages. i been working so hard. its fair i get something back.

only 3 books this week. im a rapid reader. so 3 is actually quite normal, i used to devour even more when i was younger. when my eyesight was better. lol.

Anonymous said...

ONLY 3 !!!!!


that's shocking pj.

PJ said...

lol

i think im gonna take a break from books. its making me emo and melancoly and all that.