Thursday, June 12, 2008

Take Picture!

I was reading Simon's post and I thought the second last paragraph was quite funny.

I think the 'photo taking of everything' is a cultural thing.

I remember my first trip to Barcelona in my first year. We took sooo many photos!!
It was the first time I had a camera and I think there were hundreds of photos that I took and I wanted to develop them all. Dad thought I was nuts.

It feels like so long ago since I had my first camera and took my first photo with it.

I don't take as many photos these days.
If I take a photo, it will be something really special to capture a scenery that took my breath away or to capture something really special that you want to remember.
But Grace said 'What is the point of photos without people in it?'
Well, we don't need photos to remember people or moments spend with them.
We will always remember people in our hearts.

Having said that, I am grateful for the many moments of fun and happiness that my friends have captured on photos which always brings a smile to my face.

Thank you for the memories and the photos.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always forget that I actually have one or two readers.

To be honest, I can't complain about people taking loads of photos - in these last two months I have taken over 2500. The point is what I/others take pictures of. These particular people will take them of anything, no matter how inane. I try to compose my pictures and only take things that will make a good photograph, and I almost never take them with people in. Human photography is a very different skill to landscapes, and one that I find difficult. I need practice (and subjects, and maybe a new lens).

However, that are times when I prefer to put the camera away and just enjoy the scenery as it is. It's too easy to see everything through your lens and therefore lose the actual experience itself.

There's a quote from the film 2 Days in Paris which I think sums it up wonderfully - it's one of the first few lines if I recall correctly, but sadly I don't have access to it at the moment and the internet is being unusually unhelpful in finding it, so I'll leave you to investigate on your own.

PJ said...

i know what you mean about putting the camera away.
i didn't take many pics when i was in India and when I close my eyes, I can still see those beautiful mountains clearly. sometimes we just need to be there and capture the moment with our hearts and most of the time the amazingness of what we see, cannot be captured in a photo.

im sure there are lots of people out there reading your blog and enjoying it.

;-)

Anonymous said...

Pei Jie, I wanted to reply to your comment the other day. So sorry for the delay. I don't have googlemail.

There is a saying in TzuChi which I am trying to live by it. 'zhi zhu, gan en'

PJ said...

yes always 'gan en' for life's little blessings. ;-)

x