'What is the purpose of life??'
I got asked this question first time at a dinner the other day.
I guess the 'Christian' answer to this would be to be God's vessel of life, to live God's life. ( I was invited to this Christian (not Catholic) dinner by some mutual friends and almost missed The Apprentice. But I didn't miss it. Lee won. Gutted for Claire.)
But what does it mean to live God's life?
Personally my purpose of life is just to be happy and be thankful for everyday because Everday is His blessing.
I think God wants us to live 'our' lives because he gave us the 'free will' to decide what we want just like He gave Adam and Eve the 'choice' to eat the apple.
Then the next question that came was 'Who is God?'
Again I think this is something personal and unique to each and everyone of us.
To me God is someone who has always been around for me like family who will never forsake me.
He was there for me, He is here for me this very moment and He will always be there for me. Always.
I am nothing without Him. It is difficult to describe but I know He is guiding me everyday.
Then the next question was God wants something from you...
I think what they are trying to say is I should be pro-active and seek God.
I do seek God in my own personal way.
The thing that I don't really like about some overly evangelical Christians/Catholics is that they want to convert everyone.
I know it is with good itentions but I think everyone should choose for themselves.
Perhaps I feel that way because my dad is a Buddhist.
He gets annoyed when people try to 'convert' him wanting to 'save' him.
Actually I feel that way too. Leave my dad alone.
Personally I don't think dad needs any 'saving'.
He is a wonderful person. He has touched all those around him.
And I believe God knows that and I also believe that the goodness shown by my dad is through His loving grace.
I think there is a 'best' religion for each and everyone of us.
God gave us the 'free will' to choose.
Then sometimes I wonder what if I was born a Muslim.
I guess I would still get to know God in a different way.
So He is omnipresent working in different ways for different people.
He gave us the 'free will' to live the life he has blessed us with.
And we should make this gift phenomenal.
Thank you Lord for this beautiful gift of Life.
Amen.
Friday, June 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm sure the Christian's you've met, wanted in a way, to 'force' you to believe in Christianity, n that's why many choose not to believe in Him coz they preach the wrong way. God gave you the gift of choice to see if you choose Him or other gods.
I won't debate on you on this post but I'd like to share this verse with you:
For God so loved the world that He gave his one & only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have ETERNAL LIFE- John 3:16
love ya. xxx
thats the problem isn't it. maybe its the approach. i dunno stella.
someone shared with me something really amazing and i want to share it with you. she told me that we are regenerated when we can feel God in us. i thought that was the most refreshing thing i have heard for a long time.
love you hun..
x
Post a Comment