Everyone thinks their dad is the best.
But seriously I think mine is The Bestest in Muar and some say Sgabong.
He is pretty macho for a pensioner. See previous post.
Mum told me something that really touched me when I went home recently.
'You know your dad was standing at the arrival hall for like 40 mins waiting for you.'
My flight was delayed lah. Stupid flight.
Mum continued : 'We all asked him to sit down and wait but he was scared you can't see us and he even said 'I lost so much weight, don't know if PJ will recognize me...''
Of course I will recognise my 'macho man'.
Sometimes when the going gets tough I close my eyes I can hear my dad sing:
'Its ok Its alright Its a Gooood try...'
Happy 'belated' Father's Day pa.
Love you.
x
Monday, June 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
i read this blog and i feel a little depressed. For the past 6 years, i've gotto wait at the airport for dad to pick me up, and the worst wait was a 2.5 hours after landing in BKK at 6.30am. And three years ago, he said 'huh!, you can play badminton?'
but .. he does have his dad moments. Airport pickup is just not it.
silly lah you.
our dads are different.
im sure you have your special moments with him. ;-)
Post a Comment