I am really enjoying my French classes. Somehow I get the chance to be in touched with a part of me that has been buried since coming to uni. It is difficult to explain but it makes me feel like a kid once more in a class, learning things from scratch.
When we got back after the hols, we were asked to make our new year's resolution in French. I wanted to say 'I shall swear less this year.' But I couldn't figure it out in French so I decided to construct an easier sentence ' En 2006, je ne vais pas etre triste.' ( 2006, I will not be sad.)
Then yesterday, we learnt future tenses. We have to complete sentences like 'Si j'etais riche...' ( If I were rich... ) So many things I would do if I were rich. I would fly home for the weekend just to see my parents. I would go to see Japan and the Himalayan Mountains. I would bring my parents travelling in China. I would get my bro a video camera so he can take funny videos to make me laugh. I would want to donate some money to charities. I woule love to visit Mauritius and drink coconut juice with Stella on the beach every winter. I would also want to go to France to learn French. I would also want to go to different countries, learn to cook their food, learn to speak their language. I would want to do a course in Art or Design. I would want to start my own business. I would want to learn a new instrument. And the list goes on and on...
The next sentence that we have to complete is ' Si j'etais homme/femme... ' ( If I were a man/woman...)I was suprised that I find it hard to complete the sentence. I always complain that it is easier to be a man than a woman. But it strucked me yesterday that I don't really want to be a man. And I won't know what to do if I were a a man. I guess, if I were a man, I would want to go backpacking alone. Seems like the only thing I can think of. Hmmm... what would you guys do if you guys were a man ( if you are a woman) and if you are a woman ( if you are a man.). Let me know so that I can practise my French future and conditional tenses.
Got to get back to my book. Doubt I will finish it by my presentation on Friday. Sigh..
Tuesday, January 31, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Si j'etais un homme, je voudrais pouvoir seduire toutes les filles de la terre *MWAHAHAHAHA* kidding!!!:P
Ok, si j'etais un homme, je voudrais pouvoir rendre ma famille heureuse et cuire des bon petits plats pour ma femme!!! *GRIN* Kinda corny but I think it's hard for men of these days to be as such...
Stella said: 'If I were a man, I would want to be able to seduce all the girls in the world.' ( gasps! hahahah..)
she also said: 'If I were a man, I would want to be able to give back my family and cook good food for my woman.'
Stella, got la.. im sure somewhere out there, there are men as such.. un homme ideal! J'espere que tu vas chercher ton homme ideal et tu vas tomber amoureux!
( Better translate what I am trying to say in case my French is wrong. I hope that you will find your ideal man and you will fall in love!)Bisous...
No i wouldn't want to be able to give back my family. I said: I would like to make my family happy & cook good food for my wife.
& no, the ideal man doesn't exist. we fall in love with the one we're meant to be with.
thanks for correcting my awful french..
yup we fall in love with the one that God thinks is ideal for us..
Post a Comment