Feeling a bit lost at the moment.
Just handed in my last essay from last term's modules yesterday.
Just when I want to wave a sigh of relief to relax.
Now I look at all the work for the new term. It is just as mad!
13 hours of classes a week. 3 days which classes start at 9am. I already missed one because I overslept and it is only 2 weeks.
Presentations, in class tests, more essays with more words ....
I realised I really want to get a first class. I am so motivated to work towards that aim, that it is scaring me a little sometimes. Over -motivation is no good, everything should be in moderation.
I remember someone once asked me 'Why does it mean so much to you to get a first class?' I answered him from the bottom of my heart : ' It means a lot to me. It is my way of life to give my best in all that I do. The best and nothing less. There are no second chances in life, life is not a dress rehearsal, we should give our Best shot in everything we do.'
Other than the madness of work, life is good. Stella made quiche from scratch yesterday for me and Daffy! Gonna put up some pics but feeling a bit lazy. Check out the same links from the old post for pics of the awesome quiche she made. It was good diner with comfy company. I got Over-Comfy that I forgot my table manners. Sorry gals, will try not to do it again. It is just that you gals are like family to me and I got over-comfy that I forget and take things for granted. My bad but hey it is a compliment, I am quite picky who I chose to be comfy with you know!
Tuesday, January 17, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hi Pei Jie,
The feeling of being lost after a huge achievement is one many identify with- maybe deep down in our hearts, there is a sacred knowledge that no amount of human achievement will ever truly satisfy us- human achievement in themselves, achieved for themselves or for ourselves will never satisfy for it is only Jesus who will truly satisfy us- Jer 2:13
Florence
Thanks Florence for your wise words.
It reminded me once more to study for the right reasons.
Sometimes when we are so wrapped up in the things we want to achieve in life, we tend to forget the most fundamental reasons. We tend to work for our own selfishness.
I am humbled once more to study hard with the conscious thought that I am doing it because God has so graciously bless me with the chance to do it.
Post a Comment