This is such a cute song.
Makes you want to do the penguin dance when you hear it.
Its from the drama Fated To Love You.
It never appealed to me to want to watch it.
Not another cheesy modern Cinderella story I thought every time I by pass it.
But Penguin Joanne kept reminding me to watch it cause its a must watch she said. She must have said that to me like a million times.
So I started watching it. I am pleasantly suprised. After the disappointment of Smiling Pasta, I thought this is probably another silly Taiwanese drama where the gals just can't act with over the top sillyness and cheese. But the lead actress (Xin Yi) in Fated To Love You is pretty good. The drama reminds me of Ally Mc Beal which I heart.
I think we can all relate to Xin Yi. A girl with low self esteem who thinks she is the most ordinary peson in the whole world and blames herself for everything in life.
That is me thinks one of the biggest problem with Asian societies. Its our cultural upbringing with too much emphasis on being humble which sometimes is detrimental to building confidence and self-esteem. We were brought up to believe that there are limitations to what we can do, or that we are just ordinary. Our parents never told us that we can be anything we want to be. I am not blaming the parents because that was how they were brought up. Its just the Asian culture. But I wish my parents had told me I can be whatever I want to be when I was younger. Perhaps its the Asian journey that we all have to take.
But if I ever have kids in future I will tell them they can be whatever they want to be. And it is not just hard work or luck, its the unwavering commitment and faith to be what they want to be.
'Men are wise in proportion not to their experience but to their capacity for experience.' - George Benard Shaw.
Sunday, February 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I have watched this show too!! It's very nice. And touching too. I actually felt sad listening to the dialog and watching their acting even though I watched the mid of the series.
i haven't finish yet. but feels like a happy ending kinda drama.
the gal is quite pretty me thinks. its so sad when your parents think you are ordinary.
my japanese/chinese friend said something recently which i thought was really funny. she said in asia, there is 1% gorgeous girls, there is maybe 10% ordinary girls and the rest are just ugly. thats nooooot trueeee!!! its funny how she said it though. ;-p
Post a Comment