Saturday, February 07, 2009

How Deep Is The Snow




Yummy brown rice salad with sunflower seeds, seaweed and spinach.




Heat some oil and and fry the roughly sliced onions. Once the onions are a wee bit brown, squeeze in some tomato puree. Next add in cooked brown rice. Add a little water if its too dry. Season with soy sauced. Sprinkle with shredded seaweed and sunflower seed. While hot mix it with baby spinach leaves.

I had mine with poached Scottish Kippers but it actually is really good even on its own. Fabulous.

I was really craving for Okonomiyaki when watching Hana Kimi.



This is my second attempt at making it. My first attempt was a bit too watery and sticky.

This time is almost perfect but I think next time I would slice the cabbages more finely to make the pancake thinner like Aunty GY makes it.

Ah lazy to put up the recipe, as it has been a traumatic and exhausting weekend for me. But I feel so blessed that I am ok. Things could have been worse. Actually I could have been disfigured! Ok I shall not make a big deal out of it as I did this morning when I called mum and dad. I tried to be cheerful and laugh about it when I called them but I ended up as I always do in crisis, cry. Useless me. Anyway, I am fine now. Its just a broken window which can be fixed.

Hopefully tommorow will be a less exciting and relaxing day.

2 comments:

Charlene said...

wow u broke ur window?
luckily ur fine...

PJ said...

i didnt break it. it just shattered when i tried to open it. dunno if cause its too cold. the glass contracted or what. ya so thankful to be ok. ;-D