Bro thinks I am like the 'alchemist'.
Whatever I want always happens.
That is not 100% true.
But most things that I want have happened.
Most of the things that happen is because of luck.
But hey, I do work hard too!
I was speaking to a friend and he shared with me what he thinks faith is about.
When we ask God for something and if it is in His Plans we will get it.
If it is not in His Plans, we will not get it because He has other plans for us.
If something is in His Plans and we did not ask for it, we will not get it.
God is free will and wants us to depend on Him.
I guess what he is saying does make sense.
He believes things happen in life is because we ask God for it.
I personally think it is greedy to ask God for things.
Maybe it is just me.
I believe things in life happen for a reason and that everything is meant to be.
Perhaps my friend is right.
Things happen in life because we asked for it.
Mum reminded me of when I was a child I always wanted to see the world.
So much that I even sewed a picture of Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck in a boat with the words 'Around The World.'
I always complain to dad 'why can't we go on holiday like everyone else? let's go to disney land...'
I remember dad replying 'ah...you can always go there when you are older.'
And I remember thinking 'it won't be fun going when you are all grown up.'
Many of my friends have been to Disneyland but I have never wanted to go since the conversation with dad. I just feel too old for that now. Maybe one day I will go with my kids.
Perhaps me being here is something I have 'willed' to happen and God has kindly granted that wish.
And yet sometimes I wonder why am I here, so far away from family and all that.
I think I should stop wondering because I know 10 years from now I will know the 'reason' I was here.
For now I am thankful my wish has been granted.
What more can I ask?
I am grateful for all the blessings I have received.
Life has been amazing.
Hopefully one day I can look back and say Life has been phenomenal.
Saturday, May 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
we shall go to disneyland together. I've been wanting to go there since I was born man.
i think im too old for disneyland.
aunty pj will bring stella's kids there. and aunty pj will bring stella if she is a good girl.
lol.
tu me manques..
Xx
Post a Comment