Had a wickedy awayday at Sherwood Forest.
The late night poker was fun. It was my first poker experience. I had a vague idea of how to play poker but was clueless most of the time. Surprisingly, the only 2 girls playing were the final 2 and we were both first timers in poker. Not sure if the guys were impressed or annoyed with us. But it was all good fun.
Reminds me of when I first started playing ‘mahjong’. Was absolutely clueless and I didn’t even realise I had won until my friend’s mum walked behind me and saw my tiles.
Perhaps it is easier to win when you are clueless. Because you don’t even need a poker face, you just go with the gut feeling and lady-luck is normally with you when you are new.
I know a friend who does online poker for a living. It is tax free and he has managed to pay off his student loan. He is now a professional poker player and earning a pretty good living out of it.
I think Poker is a lot about luck, and maybe a bit of skills. I reckon it is a lot to do with gut feeling. But gut feelings may not always be right.
I also had my first experience in a spa! Being a person who is always on the go, it was weird to just sit in a sauna and do nothing. There were loads of steam rooms. My favourite is the Japanese room. After a while of relaxing in the spa, I got my mobile out and started texting a friend as I laze on the waterbed. I got told off by the staff at the spa because mobiles are strictly forbidden.
As I closed my eyes in the steam room, I felt very lucky and thankful.
Thankful to God for having a job that has open many opportunities.
Thankful to God for having met some wonderful and kind people at work.
Thankful to God for all the little blessings that he has showered upon me.
Can’t help but wonder what the hell had I done to deserve His blessings….
6 comments:
The thing everyone hates about first time poker players is that, as they have no idea what they are doing they are a) hard to read, and b) hard to bluff.
People who call when they should fold and then win on the last card drive me crazy.
haha... ya my friend said the same thing too.
one of them tried to 'scare'/bluff me by putting in all his chips. but unfortunately for him i had a full house. i thought that was really funny.
do you bluff when you play poker? i have a feeling you are too honest to bluff. ;-p
I try, although I'm not that good at it. It's not because I'm honest, it's more because I'm overly cautious.
you are honest, simon and i think its probably easy to see through your bluff.
i just told ef, i reckon i will be pretty good at bluffing but need to first have a clue when to bluff.
im still clueless. maybe i will get a poker set for myself for my birthday and study the rules. now i sound really stupid...
I have a pretty good poker face though :-P
you should put a poker face pic of yours on your blog..
before and after..
normal face and poker face.. ;-p
i dun get the click to join Lost thing on your blog. is it for real?
Post a Comment