Sunday, November 25, 2007

Connected

Stella came to stay with me for a bit in Birmingham last summer.
And she calls me a clean freak.

I love cleaning up. It is kind of therapeutic. I know I am sad.

I think I got my clean freak nature from my mum.
I remember a friend came over to my house in Muar and commented ‘..the floors in your house is sparkling..’ I never realise it but it was actually shinning!! Thanks to mum’s hard work of course.

I remember she used to make me and my bro clean the windows every week!
It is something that we Have to do every week. There is no trying to lie that we have done it cause mum will know it immediately.

When mum came to stay with me last summer and saw me cleaning the apartment.
I was surprised when she said ‘Don’t need to clean so much lah, you should not get your hands rough…’

Actually besides cleaning the window mum never made us do much housework. Me and bro help out a bit but she being the superwoman that she is does most of it most of the time. When I went to college and had to clean the toilets of the hostels during ‘gotong-royong’, I realised that I have never ever clean the toilets at home. So when I went back during the holidays I told mum I will clean the toilets. We kids never appreciate little things that our folks do for us until we leave home and have to do it ourselves.

When I got back from Emma’s party on Saturday, I saw that the internet was fixed! I was so excited until I realised I couldn’t remember where I have packed my internet cable. It was too late in the night to wake my housemate up to borrow a stupid cable. So I ended up spring cleaning my room, opening boxes after boxes to find the cable. I know I have been here for almost a year but most stuffs are still in boxes because I couldn’t be arsed to unpack them knowing I might move again.

I finally found it! And it was almost1am. I was too knackered but happy.

Finally, I am connected to the rest of the world.

PS- Just realised that the internet is wireless. What the…
Oh well, at least I finished unpacking.

No comments: