
This Japanese drama is highly entertaining.
Makes me wish I had some talent. Any talent really…
When I was a little girl I used to watch my cousins’ play the piano and I was amazed.
So I begged my parents to let me take up lessons.
My dad said I wouldn’t last. He knows me too well.
He didn’t buy me a piano until he was convinced that I was serious about it.
I practised very hard at my auntie’s house because I want to convince my dad.
More cause I wanted the piano. It was like this big expensive toy.
I enjoyed playing the piano but of course I knew I had no talent.
I gave up at Grade 7. I just gave up. The stress of doing the exams felt so heavy.
I lost the feeling of enjoyment that it once gave me.
Practising for the exams felt like a chore. I hated it.
And it was expensive. I felt I had to pass it otherwise my folk’s hard earned money would go to waste.
Maybe cause I didn’t have a good sensei. She is nice but not inspiring or brilliant. She was just ordinary. But I love her to bits after being her student since I was 8.
I wanted to changed teacher but or course I was never ever brave enough to do that.
Sometimes I wonder if talent is something within us or is it just the environment that we are in?
If we were taught from young something. Naturally we will develop an ability.
If we had someone inspiring as sensei. Naturally we will build up a passion too.
Sometimes I wonder if things would be different if I had a better sensei?
Perhaps it wasn’t about talent.
Perhaps it was just because I was a quitter.
I didn’t try hard enough.
2 comments:
natural talent... ur born with it. then it gets triggered and developed by the environment. if u dun have it, u'll soon give it up. if u do, u'll find a reason to carry on. I've tried so many things and desperately (how extreme !) wanna be good at them so yes, i played piano (for a month or two), drums (for a couple of terms), harmonica (after i watched Free Willy), and other things.
i think its all about the motivation... how much you want to be good... if you really want it, you can do it.. its the 'drive' in us...
Post a Comment