I took up my pen and brush yesterday.
I sketched and painted.
It felts so good to pick up the brush again.
I have forgotten how much I love art.
I always wanted to paint but never had the inspiration.
I was watching Heroes and seeing Isaac Mendez painting the future.
Strangely that inspired me to pick up my brush again.
So I did and it sure felt good.
My dad was a very talented artist. He wanted to be one but he ended up being a teacher. He said it was the stability of being a government servant that made him gave up his dream. I always felt it was a waste. He was brilliant. I grew up loving to sketch and draw all the time. Everyone said I inherited his talents but the truth is I am never anywhere close to having his talent. When I was little I sometimes secretly dream of being a designer. But like my dad I gave up that dream and here I am a boring office worker.
Sometimes I wonder what would have happened if I really pursued my dream. I gave up on the dream because I felt I was never going to be good enough in art. I was just average. I am not even as good as my dad. Plus doing an art course is very expensive. My parents would never be able to afford it. And getting a scholarship is out of the question because I was just average.
I admire who pursue their dreams and make them come true.
If only I had the courage to do something extraordinary and not just be that average person.
Sunday, May 06, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
never mind.. ur dad can start to paint again when he has free time rite?
maybe he can practice by painting a potrait of ur family...
my dad is happy. he is always happy.
he is retiring end of this year. maybe he would paint again. i hope he does. ;-)
Post a Comment