Sunday, April 01, 2007

Relocation Relocation

Yes I have been demoted...

I have moved out of Birmingham City Center.

Thanks Ef for the help. She is the strongest girl ever. No kidding. She can carry like 3 boxes at a time!

Took me like forever to pack and unpack. And it is still not totally unpacked yet.

Woke up early this morning and tried to walk into the city center. Its about 2 miles I think.

I lost my map. So being the clever person that I am I tried to recall the bus route. How difficult can it be. And then there is the BT tower as a guide. I couldn't remember the bus route as I had only been on it twice and after a while I lost the BT tower too. Crap. Lost in the wee hours of the cold morning. So I carried on walking based on my instincts and found my way into town. Took me 40 minutes. Probably would have only been 30mins if I had been better with my directions.

Moving into a shared house with smaller room, which barely fit all of my world possessions. Having to take the bus like a student again. Does feel a little bit that I have been demoted from a more luxurious life of living on my own in the city center but I have had enough of paying ridiculous amount of money on council taxes. One of the other option is to get my own place, which I could do but would leave me very very poor in the short term. Its is a good long term investment but then there is the short term trade off. Still don't have enough courage for that kind of commitment.

Felt a wee bit nostalgic leaving the city center apartment. But I guess its time to move on.

The new house is lovely with good people and I just have to make the most out of it.

I just have to learn to live more humbly, and to be grateful for what I have....

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girl, enjoy your new place =)
Can't wait to catch up with you in Sep!
Take good care & stay chirpy!

PJ said...

thanks sing cher.. its been crazy at work lately. really stress.

hope you are well over there.. studyin hard.

have you seen my bro with his braces? i cant wait to make fun of him in sept. ;-p

xx

Anonymous said...

Heyya..erm..i dun think he has them now..baru je cabut satu gigi...keke

PJ said...

only 1 gigi!!! aiyo... my mum worried like shit. and i thought he cabut all his gigi liao. what the hell... hahaha...

Charlene said...

haha sing cher... u macam pj bro punya nanny or pj informer ...haha....

Anonymous said...

pei jieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee how are you doing!!! Like your own place???? Deco it and show us pics!!!! Miss u guys =(

PJ said...

hahaha... ya charlene, i hired sc to look after my bro. ;-p

vickyyyyy!! i haven't even finish unpackin my stuff yet. too lazy to deco. it is a mess but i love it. will try to tidy it over the long easter weekend...

Anonymous said...

Pj dearie, no worry. ZS is doing very very good here =)

In fact, there was once during dissection where one gal came to tell me "he's the most honest guy i have ever known!" =)

Relax & rest assured..he's damn good here =)