I was watching this show about "Britain's rich list". There are so many of these people with millions and billions of pounds. I bet they don't really know how much money they have got in their bank accounts - Probably lost count. Apparently all the world's wealth, about 99% belongs to these rich and famous people and we are only part of the 1%.
Some of these people are born with a silver spoon. But I really do admire those who work to get into the list. Is it perseverance or inspiration that gets one there? Do we have to really come out with something totally out of this world? Or do we work our ass off? Or is it just pure luck - being at the right place at the right time?
London is the place to be if you want to become a millionaire according to the show. Damn. Maybe I should have gone to London instead of staying in Birmingham.
After watching the show, I took out my calculator and started calculating how long it will take me to save up to 1 million. It will probably take me 70 years. That is if I just save and be a scroodge.
So how do people become millionaires/billionaires?
There are only 2 types of people:
Type A are those who are born rich. With so much money to spare they don't have to bloody work.
Type B are those who work to get to where they are. Most of these people are actually drop outs. I guess they really have nothing to lose by risking it all. People with qualifications are normally more risk adverse. These Type B people are risk takers, fearless and extremely driven.
Please don't tell me money isn't everything. People who say that are hypocrites and most probably had an easy life With Money. Just imagine there are so many things that one can do with money. It is not everything but with no money you are nothing.
So, I started thinking if there are other ways to make money. The only thing that came to my mind was to write a book like JK Rowling. I remember when I was little I was pretty good at making up stories. Perhaps who knows I will be able to earn my first million with my first book! Dream on PJ..
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Its been 3 weeks since I moved out of the city center. I do miss being in the center. I miss being able to pop into the shops with pyjamas beneath my coat. I miss the tesco just round the corner where there are always lots of gorgeous looking gay guys to look at. (Good looking people makes the world a better place.) I miss being able to lie in even on weekdays and the mad walk to get to work on time. I miss being able to have a night out and easily run back home at 2am.
But I also realise moving out of the center has made me more discipline. I now have to wake up earlier to catch the bus. I have to be more sensible and try my best to get home before 10pm like yesterday. More importantly it is cheaper outside the center. Maybe I will become a millionaire quicker than the estimated 70 years....
Sunday, April 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
hmm if u have a good voice.. can consider joining idol singing contest...haha....
hey maybe we can form a group and be famous ofr our off-tune songs...
btw tot of letitng u watch this clip.. a talented 5 year old girl...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SFppCXNOyk
"I remember when I was little I was pretty good at making up stories."
lol, can't agree more - all the time!
kids these days are so talented.
;-)
i wouldn't be here if i had a good voice.. haha...
zs...you better start planning the trip soon so that i can book holidays!
PJ, can I have your new addy?
always fun to read ur blog pj.. and agree on every point u made..
hey sc..i got your texto. but haven't got round to replyin cos its been really hectic at work.
my new add.. dunno if shud put here... i will e-mail you...
>anonymous...glad you havin fun readin my crappy blog. who's dat btw?
your target of 1 mil, is it in pounds or rm? if your calculations were based on pounds, you'd need only 10 years to become a millionaire in malaysia...not bad at all ;)
its weird i thought i replied this comment yest but its not showing up..
no target lah...why torture myself with the mission impossible? like to dream about it though...
maybe i shud set 1 million yen as the target. ;-p
Post a Comment