Yes lah I only managed to post the Fathers Day card today. I am not technically late, I will blame the postman for being slow. It was a hand made card and I hope my dad will be happy to receive it. I have no excuse except that I have been terribly busy for the past few weeks.
I remember when I was younger my dad meant the world to me (he still is). I thought he could do anything. I remember he used to be the earliest among the parents to wait for me after school when I was in Primary School. I could see or hear his very loud bright blue Opel. Once, I even wrote a song for my dad for Father's Day. I was terribly talented back then. At that time my brother was still an angel and I teached him to sing the song to perform for dad as a suprise. I wish we had videos or had recorded the song, we could have made a comeback tour of the song. And when I first got the scholarship offer to come to UK he was reluctant to let me go until Uncle LM said '..let her go lah...' Ironically, when I had to catch my first flight to the UK, he was more excited than me. He said to me 'Papa live until now also never been on a plane before.' That was 6 years ago. Now if you ask my dad about flying experiences. He can recount his trips to the UK, France and Italy from start to end with the excitement of a child. I love hearing him tell his friends about his travels. I have heard them many times and I still get really excited when I hear him talk about it again.
Dad is the person I think of when the going gets tough. He is the first person I call when I screw up or when I get heart broken or when I get bullied or when life is just shit. He is also the first person I want to call when I am happy. I sometimes call him just to tell him I am really happy and don't even know why I am happy.
Mum always say 'you must find a good man like your dad to marry...'
Hopefully I will...
Happy Fathers Day!!! I pray my dad stay health and happy like a monkey always.
Saturday, June 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
arent' we all "Daddy's Little Girl" ??
sometimes..i feel like even when we r so much older they still treat us like their small girl..
i'm totally grateful to have a fantastic dad.
sometimes when i act like a kiddo my dad tells me off. for instance when i whine or cry. he will say 'if you act like that how are you going to achieve great things?!'
lol
im so grateful my dad is cooolio toooo.. ;-D
Post a Comment