Having heard so much about Lourdes, it was really amazing to actually be there for real.
It truly looked really magical with the Pyreness mountains behind it.
It is the most beautiful church I have ever been to.
There are 3 layers to this church.
But the most impressive is the huge underground basilica.
I could not stop crying when I was at the grotto. And I don’t even know why I was crying. The tears just came and came.
When I see the many sick people coming to the church with such strong faith, I can’t help but feel ashamed for the little faith I have sometimes. I feel like a weakling for always moaning about the very good life I have been blessed with. God has been so wonderful but yet I still complain so much. I made a promise to stop complaining and to live life more meaningfully.
The volunteers helping the wheel chair bound to get around the church.
Waiting for the night procession to start…
It was raining but it didn’t stop people attending the candle light procession. Amazingness.
Gastronomically,we had the some of the yummiest soup there.
Onion soup.
Tomato soup.
There is so much feeling evoked from this brief trip to Lourdes that I am finding it hard to express it here. I feel my faith being renewed from this trip. I thank God for all His little blessings and I pray for courage and patience to lead the life He has planned for me. Amen.
2 comments:
oh wow i never knew Lourdes was that pretty even, the church looks so magical
i was excited before going but not like expecting loads. the church is really the prettiest and most magical church i have ever been. they say it felt like heaven. i think it would have been except there were loads of touristy shops outside in the town which felt a bit like pasar malam with almost every shop selling tacky souveniers.
but inside was just truly amazing! ;-)
Post a Comment