I think over planning spoils a trip. Because we expect too much from it. A good trip me thinks should be - book the flights, book the accomodation, read a bit about the place on the internet then go. Just enough planning that you know where you will be but nothing excessive.
Bordeaux is a UNESCO heritage city. It is the least touristy place of the 3 French cities we visited. I just love walking along the streets of Bordeaux admiring its pretty buildings. It was actually really relaxing except we were both feeling quite sleepy from the early morning flight.
Bro thinks all well planned cities should have trams. The tram is brilliant and extremely efficient here. We took the tram all the way to the other side of Bordeaux - La Lac Bordeaux.
Quaint looking flats we saw on our way to the Lake.
I really like this ad. Not sure what it means but me thinks it is quite cool.
The people there are so friendly.
It is such a nice feeling when a stranger greets you 'Bonjour' on the streets.
The French are really funny people.
They will ask you 'Vous parlez Francais?' (Do you speak French?)
And even after shaking your head (and even your hands) and saying 'Non. Non. Non.'. they will spend the next 5 minutes talking to you in French like it is the most natural thing.
I was actually quite surprise by the friendliness of the people at Bordeaux after the last trip to Paris. Perhaps the southerners are just friendlier people, probably due to the sunnier weather down there.
The weather on our first day was 'Perfect'. It was sunny but not humid.
The dream weather.
Bro had his first taste of French food.
We had no idea at all what we ordered as no one spoke English at this local braisserie hidden in a little alley way recommended by the on flight magazine.
So ZS ended up with tuna (which tasted quite raw).
And I ended up with galapagos (cold tomato soup).
I realise I don't like raw fish or cold soup very much.
Not a very good start to the holiday gastronomically but ZS said the tuna tasted better after each mouthful.
ZS also ordered a chicken thingy. He said it was really really juicy.
I love the fresh bread there. There is something about the French and their bread.
Jo texted me and recomended me a few good places to eat in Bordeaux.
We settled for one of her recomendation at Place Du Parliament for diner.
Starter - ZS had a goat's cheese salad and I had baked avocado.
It was my first time having baked avocado and it was yummmmy.
Main - I had salmon with rice and ZS had duck. The salmon was just average but ZS said the duck was delish.
Dessert - ZS had crepes and I had the best tarte aux pommes (apple tart) ever, it was super light, good stuff.
This was the only 3 course meal we had when we were in France and it was well worth it me thinks especially the tarte aux pommes.
It rained the second day. Luckily I brought my colourful umbrella. I think my umbrella fits in quite well in France.
Sandwich vending machine at the train station.
Couldn't resist taking this photo when I saw this mirror at the train station.
Prochaine destination - Lourdes.
5 comments:
waaaaahhhh so much goodiessss
wow... very pretty place man! and i must say.. your photo taking skills.... ahhahah... is damn gooooood!! ahhahaha
aniwae pj..need to tell you that i wont be going to uk afterall...hmm..timing doesnt really fit with the visa and going back to indo and stuff!
hope there will be another chance sooooooooon!!!
:)
charlene,ate too much. feel really fat now. ;-p
fel, hahaha..i think so too. 55555... actually most of it my bro take one lah. we plan something lah next time. xxxxx
aloha p p.. !! yah.. there's something about french baguette and their cheese.. i love them.
bordeaux so pretty ar... kinda miss being in france. .
hi ef!
ya dunno what secret ingredient they put in their bread. it is so yuuuuummmmy.
yea i miss being in france too..
xxxxx
Post a Comment