I was walking home from college the other day and an old Indian lady approached me and asked me for spare change to get the bus.
I guess the morally right thing to do would be to give her some money. She looked quite pityful.
But the sceptical thing to do would be to not give her money cause for all you know she is a con out to cheat or rob you.
But perhaps we should always give people benefit of the doubt.
I wanted to do the morally right thing cause I thought of the time when I was a little girl and I went to the temple with my grandma. There were lots of beggars in the entrance of the temple and my generous grandma gave me a pile of coins and asked me to give it to the beggars. I could still remember me running around dsitributing the coins and I could still remember ths sound of how the coins clink as I dropped them into the beggars' collection bowls. And I could still remember the grateful looks on the old beggars faces. And all the beggars started praising me. What a nice and kind little girl. That made me happy. Perhaps there really is no selfless deed. People do stuffs to make them feel good about themselves.
Anyway, back to the old lady in Birmingham. I was going to give her some the change and I opened my purse and all I had was one 20p coin and lots of 1pence and 2pence. I looked at her pitiful old eyes and I poured out all the coins I had in my purse and gave it to her. It probably wasn't enough to catch the bus. But I gave her all the coins I had.
I wonder how the old lady is getting on. I hope she did somehow managed to get some change for her bus or whatever she needed the money for.
Wednesday, March 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
wow..that's a good thing that u've did...
ya.. if everytime we want to help someone and we have to thinkfor too long.. life will be such horrible...
but its hard sometimes. people will take advantage of you.
but i guess sometimes we just got to do it for the morally right reasons.
Post a Comment