To go or not to go?
The social working culture here is to have a drink at the pub after a hard week's cheap labour.
It is the thing everyone looks forward to - getting drunk.
People actually fall in love (or lust) on these occasions.
Perhaps it is easier when you are drunk.
Every other Friday I will be undecided. Part of me would love to just stay in, watch TV, or read a good book. Another part of me wants to be socialable. It is a dillemma every other week.
To drink or not to drink?
Seems rude to decline when people offer to buy you a drink.
Hard to say no to a free drink.
I am proud to say that I have not been drunk yet in Birm.
Its all about self control and knowing your limits.
At the end of the day, if I ever made it out for the night, I would come home feeling 'I am glad I went, it was fun.' Perhaps it is the feel good feeling that alcohol gives you (even if it is just a pint.) and also being in the company of drunk people when you are the only sober one is always amusing.
Monday, March 05, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
err just enjoy whatever u do..haha
hahah - i like this post!.. it sums up my Friday's, most of the time i will follow, but not necessarily get "smasheeedddd".. when you work in these parts of the world, i think it's more of a cultural and social thing to drink, to be able to bond with fellow colleagues/peers. What i've seen though, are colleagues that like to boast about how much they love to drink, how it facilitates them having fun, as if without drink, there's less/no fun, and how they can't live without it. I've seen groups of ppl who can go without any alcho, and have as much, or even more fun.... : ) ... let's just say, let our Friday's be safe!!! drink wise : ) ...
thats words of wisdom charlene..;-)
ah chuah!!! i hope you are the ah chuah im thinkin of. nice of you to pop in. hope life's fab in KL!!xx
Post a Comment