Friday, September 01, 2006

The Retirement Plan

I have been telling everyone about my retirement plan and I haven't even started work yet. Work officially starts Monday. I am actually quite excited about it as I am feeling a wee bit bored doing nothing except watching lots of British TV. I even watch GMTV from 6.30am - 9.30am. Yes I am that free. They were showing a Brit couple getting married in Mauritius. Oh how sweet and romantic to get married by the beach. I am going to save up to fly there soon to see Stella.

Anyway on Ch 4, they were showing Breaking Up The Joneses (BUTJ), about this real life divorced couple fighting over the custody of their 2 cute lil boys. How depressing. Someone once told me that British TV likes to show losers. Shows like Big Brother is one very good example. Anyway back to BUTJ...Apparently 1 in 3 British couple gets divorce. This is shocking although I know it is true. Shocking because I always see cute elderly couples on the streets holding hands or going to the movies. This is almost a sight you will never see in Malaysia. And it always gives me a fuzzy fuzzy feeling in the stomach. Perhaps you need to get divorce once here and things will work out the 2nd or 3rd time and you live happily ever after.

Growing up with American and Singaporean TV, I reckon I still need some time to get use to British TV.

PS - 2 more days till I start work...I am reminded of how working life sucks royally just reading Simon (I think you forgot to include me in your readership count.You have 4 readers.) and Derek's blog. So the plan is to retire before I hit 40 and go travel round the world. Thats the plan for now.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nono. You are in fact one of the three. I think though that it may actually go as high as five when they all have internet access.

Deriku said...

it's not that bad when you get used to it. i dunno whether you all get paid for OT there, but OT pay simply doesn't exist in an engineer's dictionary.

Anonymous said...

nope..no OT for me either...

Stella said...

HAHAHA I TOLD YOU I WAS GOING TO GET MARRIED AT THE BEACH!!! see how roooooooooomantic it is?! woohoo!!

PJ said...

hey simon, im sure there are more than 5 people reading your blog! i am still thinking if it is worth it to get internet access for the apartment.the previous tenant used BT and it is really expensive. there seems to be like many providers out there and im so confuse. maybe you can give some recommendation.

>derek+celina, No OT for me either. so im gonna hop out of the office at 5pm if it is ever possible. but doesn't seem likely to happen. sigh...

> stella!!! it sure is romantic. except for the part when your hair gets messed up by the wind. hahahaha.. hey i cried when i saw the wedding on TV. weddings always brings a tear to my eye. hey i can imagine you getting married by the beach in your white bikinis looking smoking hot. your husband is a lucky bastard. ;-p

Stella said...

No la, u're hair will be messed up only if you get married during that time of the year, as in NOW. But in Oct-April, it's puurfect!
YAR, my husband to-be IS a lucky bastard but only if he wants to get married at the beach with the lucky bitch! hahahaha.
Boys will wear WHITE boxers, so sexxxxayyyy hahahaha

PJ said...

now what should i wear to stella's wedding???? hahahaha