I was walking to the bus stop the other day and I saw this pregnant woman approaching a few smart men in suits asking for spare change.
They brushed her away.
Then she approached me.
I normally would just shake my head and say no if it was a male beggar.
But she was pregnant. I felt sorry for her.
Now I felt a bit of a sexist.
So I asked her how much she needed.
And I was very hurt by her reply.
‘Enough for a pint…’
I felt like I was cheated. I thought she needed the money to get the bus.
I felt like asking her to sod off but I couldn’t do it.
I gave her enough money to get two pints.
One for her and one for her to intoxicate her baby.
Great PJ. Look at what you have done.
You gave alcohol to an underage unborn child.
________________________________________
Someone at work told me my weakness is I am ‘too nice’.
Reminds me of how one of the apprentices of Sir Alan Sugar was fired because he felt he was ‘too nice.’ He fired another one because he was not very nice. What the hell…
I guess what was said was true. Being ‘too nice’ makes me an easy target to be manipulated. I won’t survive the corporate world if I am ‘too nice.’ But at the same time I don’t want to become into one of those who are mean to people just to get things done.
My brother always says I am a cunning pig. I always get my ways around to get people to do stuffs for me. But I never meant it to be manipulative. The truth is I am just lazy. If people can do it for me then great if not I will do it myself. But I always ask nicely. Never ever meanly.
I don’t know if I want to work on this weakness of being ‘too nice’.
Do I really want to change to be someone I am not?
Sometimes I feel that I am nice because I want people to be nice to me.
Its easier to get things done when you are nice to people and people like you.
That is not very nice is it?
Sunday, July 08, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
welll u didn't know she was asking money to buy pint...
next time give her ur hairpin....
hahaha... i will remember that charlene..
Post a Comment