Saturday, July 28, 2007

Too Little Too Much

The Great Floods have landed here.
People are moaning about their lost from the natural disaster.
People are complaining that the authorities have done too little too late.

Which made me think about the frequent floods back home especially the poorer regions.

The worst affected is always the poorest with big families to feed and no insurance.

Perhaps more could have been done for these people. But they won’t stand up and blame no one. They will think natural disasters are unavoidable. It is God’s will. That’s how the mentality is. That is the culture. People are just going to be thankful with any help they can get.

People here are spoilt.

People back home are submissive.

Perhaps it is because the latter are poor and the former is rich.
Perhaps it is not cultural differences.
Perhaps it is just the rich poor divide.

Shit happens all the time.
Rich or poor we just need to get on and move forward.
____________________________________________________________________

I have been learning to drive, leaving me very broke every month.

I wasn’t planning to get a UK driving license because I felt the public transport here is pretty good and I thought I could easily get lifts from people if I need to.

So far I have been able to get lifts except on One occasion.

That one rejection made me even more determine.

When I told my mum about the One rejection, I was surprise by her reaction. I thought her response would be ‘You have to learn to drive and be independent!’ But instead she said ‘What a mean, bad person I hope you are not too upset.’ I had to laugh when she said that. I wasn’t upset. Ok maybe a little bit but shit happens all the time, we just have to move on.

Perhaps it was the wrong person to ask for a lift.

But despite being much poorer since I started driving lessons, I am glad I am doing it because I hope I can become a good driver and give people lifts just like the many lovely people who have been so kind.

I am grateful.

6 comments:

Charlene said...

well it's dangerous to get a lift here in msia these days....

so have u got ur licence?

zhongshiun said...

tram ride!

PJ said...

hi charlene! im still learning. its really hard to drive in here and i thought muar was hard to drive. dunno if i will ever pass. its so hard. im a bit retard when i drive. like when the instructor ask me to turn right i dunno why but i will tunr left. really cacat lah me.

zs, you know my instructor keep asking me to accelerate. he said im not a novice anymore i should drive faster. its so scary to pass the tram speed. ;-p
hey good luck with your exams.xx

Charlene said...

hah maybe u're not used to the direction there.... hehe
just make sure u turn on the signal and not the wiper ...haha

fe li ci a said...

heeelooooooooooooooooo pjjjjj!!!!

i got your caaaaaaaaaardd... thank you for the eaaaarrringggggsss!!! *muuuuaaaaaaaaaaack*

AHHAHAHAHAHA.... driving ah.. i also been wanting to drive... and also for (almost) the same reason.. to show the kiam siap sporean MEN that we dont need them to send the girls home. FELICIA will send the girls home. bah!

ahhahahaha... but aniwaeeeeeeeeeee...take care my friend! =D

PJ said...

charlene, hehe...i dun even know where is the thingy to turn on the wiper. hahaha...

FELICIA will drive the girls and the Boys back home. ;-p