Sunday, June 24, 2007

Closure

I have very little faith in people.



I wish I had more faith in people.



On our first day in Tenby, we met an old man, T. He started chatting and asking us the normal question like 'where we were from?' etc. Then he asked us to meet him at the Paragon beach the next day. He said 'You can do your stuff and I won't bother you.' He asked us where our hotel was and for our mobiles. Of course we didn't give him those details. We just said we couldn't remember the name of the hotel and we left our mobiles at the hotel.



Anyway, we didn't go to the beach the next day to meet him and I was a wee bit paranoid that we might bump into him in the little town again.



On our last day as we were walking to the train station, we heard some say 'Hey, you didn't come to the beach!!!' It was the old man T. Totally bizzarre to see him again. We told him we coudln't find the beach. When we said goodbye, he wanted to exchange contact details to keep in touch. Somehow he made Ef promise him that she will write to him. And Ef being the righteous person that she is kept her promise when she got back.



It is bizzare that we have to met him again on our last day. Ef feels it is like a closure.

The begining is the end. Just like the first is the last and the last is the first.



I have little faith in people.

I just felt an old man wanting us to meet him at the beach is a bit dodgy.

Should I have given him the benefit of the doubt?

Or is he just being friendly? Is this the norm here?

I hope a British can tell me that this is not normal.



Perhaps he is just lonely.



Perhaps I should have more faith in people.

But I don't and I can't.



Being on my own has made me very cautious of people.



I trust no one but myself.



Perhaps I should start having more faith in people.



But I don't know if I want to risk getting hurt or betrayed again.

No comments: