Those of you who know me will know I am the absolute daddy's girl.
When I was a baby, dad was in charge of the late night shift to take care of me and to give mum a well deserve rest. He would put me next to him on the carpet and we would watch TV together. He said it was an easy job because I was an angel when I was a baby. I just watch TV with him quietly.
In the evenings when I was a wee baby, he would put me in his bicycle basket and he would cycle around the neighbourhood. He told the neighbours he wanted to show me the world. Perhaps it is always his wish for me to see the world. Something he never had the priviledge of doing when he was younger.
I remember I was always a sickly child. When I was down with fever, pa would put ice towel on my forehead to cool the temperature every other hour. He would buy me a toy or a book whenever I got well. I remember when I got healthier and begged him to get me toys whenever we go to the shops, he would always say 'I will buy you the toys when I strike lottery'.
When I was in school, I could always see his car parked just outside the gates waiting for me. He would walk into the school and chat with my teachers while waiting for me. Everyone knows my dad! My friends, my teachers, my friends' parents. He is Mr Popular. Even at home he would be surrounded by all the neighbours (especially the ladies.) in the evenings when he does his gardening.
I remember dad driving my friends to my house during weekends or holidays. I still remember his favourite game with us was Treasure Hunt. He would hide stuffs around the house for me and my friends to find. He would hide the things in the most impossible of places.
I tell my dad everything. I remember telling him about one personal problem I had and he said 'You don't have to tell me everything! You don't tell stuffs like that to your dad!' It was then I realised that I can tell my dad everything! He hates giving me advise because he doesn't want me to blame him if it leads to the wrong decision. But almost always I would follow his advice.
On the day I had to take a flight for the first time to come to study in UK, he was more excited than me. Mum said she had never seen my dad so excited before. Perhaps he was excited that I am off to see the world.
Even though I am so far from my dad, I think of him everyday.
I hope one day I can let him travel and see the world just like how he used to show me the world when I was a baby.
Friday, June 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
You have a wonderful dad, pj. You have a real close connection with him. A little envy.
...I'm a mummy's girl.
yes he is the best!
no need to be envy...
maybe its a timing thing.
because i was so close to my dad. i was never as close to my mum until i got much older.
my bro is a mummy's boy. ;-p
so let's enjoy Father's Day!!!!
errr it's over.. never mind.. we'll enjoy it everyday!!! woohooo
i almost forgot it. hehehe... but my friend reminded me.
i never remember cos im nice to my dad everyday. ;-p
erhmm... er no comment to the 2nd statement...haha jkjk
i like this post man!
i forgot some of the stuff you wrote d and it really gives a nice warm fuzzy feeling when i read them (its like drinking hot milo on a cold day)... ah, the good old days when our worries consist of how the channel 8 drama will end, whether there will be fish for lunch, or who does the dishes for the day.
yeah, i'm mummy's boy =P
havent had milo in ages....
it raining here too!!! keep yourself warm k...
xx
Post a Comment