I have to admit that I sometimes feel unattractive because I am single. Even though I know I am not gorgeous, I know I am not ugly. But sometimes I just feel that I have lost ‘it’. I was waiting for the tube in London and this guy looked my way. He smiled and I smiled back. Later he came and sat next to me. We started talking. Perhaps he was flirting a little bit. Why do I need to meet a stranger on a train to remind me that I am not unattractive?
I was a wee bit lost in London, trying to find the office and struggling with my luggage. I have to admit that I am always a bit scared of the people who sell Big Issue (Big Issue is a magazine sold by homeless people). Anyway, I was trying to find my way and this Big Issue guy came to me and said ‘Are you lost?’ and pointed me to the right direction. Why do we need the homeless to remind us that there is still goodness in people?
I was waiting for the lift and a group of people were waiting as well. One of them was this disabled girl. Her upper body was curved. I felt sorry for her. It must be really tough being disabled. Then she went to the basement to get her car. Perhaps we should stop using the word disabled because these people are ‘more-abled’ than us. Why do we the ‘more-abled’ to remind us that there is so much more that we can do?
Why do we need to be constantly reminded of how fortunate and blessed we are?
Why can’t we just be happy and be at peace with ourselves?
Contentment.
Simple concept.
Impossible to attain.
Tuesday, June 05, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
cute not the guy? ;-p
The answer to your question is because humans are always greedy, asking for more =)
Otherwise, why are we the smartest species on earth? (At least I like to think so) ;P
fel, hahaha.. its weird but i can't remember his face now. i remember his tatoo though and he said he is south american and part italian.
glad you are feeling better. stay cool and happy!!!
vicky,
ya human greed is revolting.
i actually think we are the stupidest on earth. ;-p
hehehe, the guy sounds hot:P
i think if everyone was all content and happy all the time then nobody would have the urge to improve and better themselves...
content but complacent maybe?
then again i completely agree that the human race is way too greedy:P
erm, he wasn't average. normal i would say.
yes we are all too greedy. more is always better. ;-)
ooops..typo.. i wnated to say he wasn't hot but average. ;-p
Post a Comment