Friday, August 22, 2008

Its Been A While

Have been really busy.
Ya you guessed it I was back at college preparing for my exams again.

In spite of the busyness I had a fab weekend last week.

Joanne came to visit and we did a bit of cooking.



Spring rolls...



Sushis...



Tiramisu...



It was really fun. I love it when people come to visit me and I get to cook and eat loads. People often think it is troublesome. But I LOVE it. I wish I can just spend my days reading and cooking.

I realise that cooking is something that is more fun when done with friends. Well, actually everything is more fun with friends. No man is an island I guess.

Cooking with Joanne made me a bit nostalgic. I thought about all the potlucks, jumbo diners , BBQs we had at Warwick. Good times good times.

Went to the market with Joanne and bought some mangos. We had it cut opened when we got home and it was not ripe!! So, after Joanne left, I called my dad and asked him how to make pickle mango. Something my grandma used to make when I was little. And I love them. She only makes it for special occasions. Dad made them a few times before they chopped off the mango tree but they never tasted as nice as grandma's.

So I gave it a go. My first pickle mangoes!!!



They tasted ok ok lah considering I did not have 'kham chao' (a spice my grandma use for the pickle.).

In between the busyness, I finish reading Norwegian Wood, another of Haruki's work.
The story is even more 'twisted' than the first of his work that I read.
But it was an interesting read. A bit disturbing but Haruki is such a good story teller that the story lingers and haunts you for while.

Yes the story is still fresh in my mind especially the ending.

Should get back to work.

Laterz..

x

6 comments:

fe li ci a said...

pj pj pj pj...

when is your exams? i am contemplating going to uk in september.... cos i have 1 mth break before my new job i hope...

so when's your exams?

PJ said...

exams on 4 November.
my bro is comin next tuesday 27 aug and we are goin to france from 2 sept to 5sept. u can join us if u fancy?

come come...
i think now is good time to come cos the £ is really weak atm.

xxxxxxxx

fe li ci a said...

4th nov ah...hmmm..

i cant go on the first week.. if i go probably on the 4th week of september!

i dun want to go so near your exams...!! 4th week you will be available?

hehehe... just thinking now.. .i havent made any real plans yet...

:)!!

PJ said...

yes i will be.
how long u planning to stay in uk?

i cant take any hols around that time cos its too late to book them now.
but we can always do stuff over the weekends. ;-p

xxxxx

fe li ci a said...

yaaay..!!!

no need to take hols.... actually i just want to chill out and stay at your house the whole day.woahaha....

dunnoe... maybe a week?

hahaha..will update you k!!

PJ said...

lol.

stay as long as you like, u can do my ironing. ;-p

see u next month yo!

xxx