Sunday, August 24, 2008

Dialing...

I finally got a phone in the flat.

And I can actually dial up from home.
Oh the excitement when it actually worked.

Don't think I will get broadband because I don't want to be tied down to a contract.

I am working today because I want to finish off all my work before I am off holiday for 2 weeks cause my brother is coming to visit. wooo...

The Plan - Spend a day or 2 in London. Next Next week, we will be off to Bordeaux, Lourdes and Paris. I have been to Paris but my bro hasn't and it doesn't make sense to go to France and skip Paris. I am really looking forward to seeing Lourdes. I have been reading all about it. My neighbour loaned me a book about Lourdes. I was so touched and in tears when she told me about her visit to Lourdes.

In between all these I need to study for my exams. 10 more weeks to exams!!!

Things have been wonderful since I moved into this flat that I love love love. I think I have said that like a million times. I just feel so at home here. Its like I finally found somewhere that I feel at home. I think I will be really sad when the day comes and I have to say goodbye to this lovely flat. Oh and I met the lovely elderly lady living next door. She is the loveliest, and bravest lady ever. She has lived in her flat for 40 years!!!!

After my exams I need to figure out what I want to do next. Should I go back for good? Then there is the temptation to move to another foreign country to work. I must be mental, I have been yearning to go back. Despite all the moaning about the volatile lifestyle. I am used to it and I do enjoy this nomadic lifestyle sometimes. But I guess there is no need to think about that now. When the time comes, I will know where to go and what to do. Perhaps I already know the answer deep down inside.

I bought myself a world map yesterday. I love looking at maps. Even as a kid I love looking at the Atlas. There are so many places that I want to go. I have been really lucky that I have had the opportunity to travel. Sometimes I wonder what I have done to ever deserve all these blessings.

Perhaps I have done something good in my past life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

PJ! Enjoy!

You look so so sweet in that pict with Joanne! =)

PJ said...

lol.
sweet me?
maybe cos joanne is in the pic too.

finish exams liao u! enjoy lah... ;-p