Sunday, August 10, 2008

The Dark Knight



Other than being a wee bit draggy. It was actually pretty good.

I enjoyed watching the many complicated characters in the movie.
It was fascinating how good and evil interplay in the movie.
And I think Christian Bale is hot as Batman but of course the best performance is definitely Heath Ledger. I don't think I need to elaborate on the latter point because most of you who have seen the movie would know what I mean.

I did not watch the last Nolan's Batman.

My memories of Batman was when Val Kilmer was Batman back when I was a teenager.
And I thought he was damn hot at that time.
Yesterday as I watched Christian Bale as Batman, I had the same feeling I had way back when I was a teenager. Well, almost the same feeling anyway. Maybe I just like men in masks.

The Big Question from the movie: 'Should Batman have taken that mask off?'

Feels like at the end of the day, even though good often prevails, there is still evilness in each and everyone of us. We would save our own asses above everything else. We are all hypocrites in one way or another. As much as we like to be true and real, very often we just 'conform'. Even those who try to be uncoventional are still unconventional in a conforming way.

Perhaps it is not possible to live life 'unmasked'.
Life is a big masquerade...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

aloha p''''..

what's up with you?

PJ said...

effffff!!!!
im good.
busy studying for exams but i am good.

how ruuuuu??

xx

Anonymous said...

i am ok.

fe li ci a said...

"I can’t believe I will be 25 in December! 25 is the most rubbish number ever. You are suppose to be in your mid twenties but if you round it up you are actually in your late 30s. Gasps!" -pj


whaaat is this!!!!

Unknown said...

yah.. keep dwelling on it, and your face will match the big 3

PJ said...

forgot you just turned 25 fel. lol.

ef, the big 3 is very near.

Kiera Knightly is on this month's Glamour. i got a copy for you. check your post lah!

xx