'Lang bi lang ki si lang..'
This is a hokkien phrase that my mum use a lot.
Basically it means literally 'people compare people will only make people die of anger...'
Life has not been great since I got back.
Work problems lah what else...
Anyway, I try to keep reminding myself when the going gets tough of the poor people in India.
I tell myself...'You are lucky. You have shelter. You have a job that pays for your food and bills....You are damn freaking lucky.'
I know it is not just me with problems.
WE all have our own problems.
When you compare yourself with the less fortunate, you become complacent.
When you compare with the more fortunate, you feel like a loser.
We can never win when we make comparisons.
We should stop comparing.
Stop envying and start living.
The only Enemy we have is ourselves.
PS - Having said that life is not great. It actually could be worse. Because many many good things have happened since I got back (we just need one bad thing to make us forget all the good ones.)
God's little blessings...
I met up with my cousins over the Easter weekend. It was an amazing feeling to see everyone.
I finally made it to Tate Modern! It is inspiring to know that you have to be mental to be a genius.
I was feeling really really super upset on Wed when Grace texted me to say she is in Birm on Thurs. Felt like God knew I needed a friend and sent Grace to Birm.
I had like a most amazing FREE meal at The Bank yesterday. I don't normally eat chocolate or finish my dessert after a 2 course meal but the chocolate fondant was so good I finished it in like 3minutes!
So life is not great but it is not that bad, really...
Saturday, March 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
wahh i like the hokkien phrase.. it feel so true
lol.
my mum used to say it like all the time... x
no wonder life hasn't been great since you got back. India looked pretty cool.!!
Only when you stop caring about what people think can you stop comparing, but we know that we care too much about what others think of us.
-ef
india is cool but like all cool people it has its ugly sides too.
it is hard ya. u have to come to birm and check out my hair, ef. it is shorter than yours!!! i look like a boy. actually i think i look like my mum. lol.
x
you look like a boy...
you look like your mum...
so... that means..............???
you won't look like a boy... you have a girly face p!
Stress can sometimes surface when fighting our negative inner emotions and self perception of what others think of us. Often we don't even realise we're fighting them and resisting them.
The natural ego or protective mechanisms make us push these thoughts and suppress them, but accumulation makes it worse. A tip is too lie down for half an hour and let all these feelings come, don't fight them, just let all the uncomfortable emotions come naturally,accept them, let them float by, and believe it or not... it works once you've woken up from blissful slumber.
is that you ef? feels not like your style.
anyway..
i always do that.
lie down and sleep my worries away.
wake up feeling fab with positiveness for the day.
then everything goes wrong again. sigh...
but never mind. life's like that...
x
it's weird, when I felt that life was getting on too well, I was bored. then when I got my downs, I felt like poopoo...
I guess we never know what we want, but cheer up PJ,
you'll be in sunny Mauritius soon with your favourite crazy Mauritian Chinese to bug you all day!
i guess life has its ups and downs.
stay strong k hun...
looking forward to eating stella's special BANANA PIE!!! woooo hooo... x
Post a Comment