Monday, October 29, 2007

Pure Salsa

Had an absolutely wicked time at Cambridge.
Big Thank You to all the Cambridge people who made the trip very meaningful.
Went punting on Sunday but I stupidly left my camera in my suitcase.
Hopefully Sex Goddess Pei Theng will put up the pics on facebook soon.

It was nice to see college friends whom I have not seen for years.
I could feel the warm fuzzy feeling in my stomach.
It is so easy to talk to old friends. It is like even if you don’t say anything, there is a kind of understanding. It is nice to know there are like minded people. It is comforting to know that there are people who feel the same way about things. It is nice just to know that there are people who ‘understand’ because they are going through the same experience. It makes you feel that you are normal and not alone.

I love Cambridge. It is absolutely gorgeous!

I love walking to work every morning to be greeted by the old college buildings that are the secret keeper of centuries of untold memories.

I love the busy streets where student cyclists dominate the streets.

And I love admiring the lovely autumn leaves that hangs on the walls of the colleges out of my office.

Because Cambridge is so lovely, I stayed for another weekend.
Went to Salsa Del Este, an all day salsa workshop on Saturday.
The event was at this place which had a vineyard in the middle of nowhere about 30 mins from Cambridge.

It was hard work all day trying to keep up and remembering the steps in my old brain.

My favourite part of the workshop was this Spanish ‘rodeo’ dance taught by this super funky Moe Flex. We made a circle and then there are many funky-mad routines. In between the routines, the circle turns and we swap partners. One of the routines is ‘the police’ routine where we have to search our partners. It is hard to put it into words, so you just got to use your imagination…

Michelle in action - looking absolutely fab.


The professionals in action…



You just can’t take your eyes away from them. Totally mind-blowing…
Unfortunately my 16M card can only hold so much.

There is something really sexy about guys who can dance and lead a dance.
Older gentlemen who dance with their with the partners (whom I assume are their lifetime true love, just to make it all a bit more romantic) makes my heart melt.

Then there is this pregnant lady who was a jewel to watch as she turns around the dance floor with her partner and child. Gorgeously stunning…

The workshop lasted all day and at night we had the ‘rodeo’ and party which warmed the cold winter night.

Last but not least there are the newbies to salsa (like me) who deserve a mention because they have made a brave first step into the world of Latin Motion. Hopefully I will have the motivation to keep dancing…

2 comments:

Charlene said...

how come i didn't see pics of u dancing?

PJ said...

i didn't take any pics of myself. think my friend did take some of me but she hasn't send me them yet.

am quite ugly when dancing. ;-p