Have watched Death Note both parts one and two of the Japanese manga turned movie.
I thought it was absolutely brilliant to the very end.
I am glad I did not read the manga or watch the anime before watching the movie because I know I would not have liked the movie if I had done the former.
Those of you who have not watched it yet, definitely must watch it.
Sometimes I wonder if life is really a line yet to be seen or a line that is yet to be drawn.
If life is a line yet to be seen that means we don’t have to do nothing because everything will happen in due course when the time is right.
If everything in life is pre-determined, can we actually work hard to change and draw a new line?
Fortune tellers.
Fact or fiction?
My grandma went to see a fortune teller who asked her to give away her daughters so that she will be pregnant with a son. She did what the fortune teller told her to do and gave away her daughter. Soon she was pregnant with her first baby boy. Was it just some kind of fluke that it happened as predicted by the fortune teller? My grandma already had a few daughters, the probability of the next child to be a boy was actually quite high. Or did the fortune teller truly have powers to foresee the future?
The fortune teller also predicted that my grandma would not live past 80 years old. Grandma died at 80 years old. Did it happened just as predicted by the fortune teller or was it just a mere coincidence?
I will always remember my grandma telling me the story of how she gave away her daughter to gain a son with regret in her eyes and her final words to her story is still clear in my head ‘Don’t ever go see a fortune teller. It is better not to know than to know…’
I believe in fate that everything in life is meant to be. There really is no point in trying too hard. Sometimes it feels that because of this laid back attitude, I am not trying hard enough. I try my best in everything I do but leave like 99% of my life to destiny.
Then I am reminded of my old English teacher's wise words 'God only help those who help themselves.' Maybe there is no such thing as destiny. We hold the keys to open the doors to our destiny.
Am getting myself confuse now. The future is but a vain hope. There really is not much point pondering about it really.
Thursday, October 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
err i have bought death note 1 but have not watch it yet...thinking of it kinda remind me of a female artist who passed away in an accident this year...
well seeking fortune teller is just away to try and change ur fate i guess
i took the deathnote anime from your brother in muar remember. but his season wasn't complete !! he had about 4 or 5 epsodes left so after watching all of his, i was left hanging not knowing what happened !!! booohoohooo
its brilliant charlene, you have to watch it.
hahaha...u can google the ending. i didn't watch the anime. i watched the movie. it was brilliant. love it. xx
you know what I believe PJ? if you really really really want something, the power to get it lies in your hands. You just have to focus all your energies towards getting it.
Of course, you have to know what you want first la, hehehe.
Destiny.... Well perhaps there might be such things as fate and destiny but if we sat around on our butts all day long we can't expect exciting things to happen to us rite?
that is very wise and true!
but then sometimes when we try really really hard for something we really really want and not get what it, we feel crushed. so when that happens, i try to think that perhaps it is not meant to be and all that 'feel better' ideas like destiny.
no slacking on our butts definitely, life is too short to be lazy. even though i say this im probably the laziest person in the family. ;-p
LOL! its not complete!
i didn't watch it also, haha.
anyway, IT crowd rocks!
Post a Comment